Valued Contributor

I can't keep up with the leaves

I'm trying to sweep off two bedroom decks and the leaves cover them faster than I can sweep. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

Re: I can't keep up with the leaves

Wait till the trees are nekkid! The shovel!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

And throw salt on the accumulating ice

Honored Contributor

Preds, {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I'll take the leaves over the snow any day.

sylvia, I hear ya. I only blow the leaves off my porch and deck once a day. I could be out there all day doing it.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Valued Contributor

...but I want them off the decks so we can sit out there---the weather is beautiful----we use a blower on the lawn
Respected Contributor

A lot of people gather them and get rid of them--I consider leaves to be part of the earth's rejuvenation process, and have the landscapers mow them to give the nutrition back to the earth.

Or, I am lazy and just don't want to rake leaves.

You pick.

Valued Contributor

...and Ponderosa needles--they all are sticking to doormats and tracking into the house----how many times do I vaccuum?-oh well, better than slush and mud
Valued Contributor

On 10/20/2014 Complicated said:

A lot of people gather them and get rid of them--I consider leaves to be part of the earth's rejuvenation process, and have the landscapers mow them to give the nutrition back to the earth.

Or, I am lazy and just don't want to rake leaves.

You pick.

you're right the lawn guy mows them up later we blow them---I just want them off the decks ---and there is a breeze, encouraging them off the trees
Respected Contributor

The bottom part of our house is white stucco, that is the only place we blow the leaves away from. The don't really seem to cause a problem on the porches and decks, maybe sweep them off with a broom now and then.

We have a lot of acreage and they just seem to decompose over the winter.

Valued Contributor

lucky Smiley Happy