Honored Contributor

Coming soon {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Last year it was pumpkin everything. In Starbucks the other day, I had a small pumpkin latte, the first of the season. It tasted awful, I hope it was a glitch because I used to like them.

Target's Halloween food section had something new, a Betty Crocker cookie mix in maple bacon and frosting to match. We're seeing a lot of maple/bacon things around here, including donuts. I haven't tried it, though.

/></p>

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I had pumpkin pecan pie ice cream yesterday - it would have been good but they put crumbled up pie crust in it and that ruined an otherwise very good ice cream.

Honored Contributor

Maple bacon - separately - YES.

Together? A BIG NO.

Honored Contributor
On 9/15/2014 happy housewife said:

I had pumpkin pecan pie ice cream yesterday - it would have been good but they put crumbled up pie crust in it and that ruined an otherwise very good ice cream.

HH, Trader Joe's makes an exceptional pumpkin pie ice cream, it has a real following. My daughter is not an ice cream fan but she loves a that one. I think it only comes out once a year. No pie crust or other additives in it.

Honored Contributor
On 9/15/2014 terrier3 said:

Maple bacon - separately - YES.

Together? A BIG NO.

I liked the flavor when I was a kid and maple syrup would run off a pancake onto a piece of bacon. I have no idea how it tastes in a cookie or donut, though.

Super Contributor

There's a donut shop near me at the beach that makes their own vanilla cake donuts which can than be topped with any combination of many selections. One of their "suggestions" is maple glazed with bacon pieces. I was a bit leery at first, but they are absolutely delicious and have become one of my favorites when I'm in the mood for an indulgent treat.

Honored Contributor

When Trader Joe's gets all their pumpkin items in - I go nuts.

It's one of my favorite flavors - even more than chocolate.

I want to try the Williams Sonoma pumpkin caramels this year too.

Respected Contributor

Maple AND bacon? Together?......On a cookie?

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Valued Contributor

sounds like a lot of ""natural"" flavors to me -- I'll pass....

Hey you, get off of my cloud...
Respected Contributor

I get the feeling the maple bacon thing is geared more toward guys. There's even bacon scented perfume......don't ask.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder