Super Contributor

So Cal weather changing...part 2

We were talking about this a while back........the weather changing with all the humidity. Now we have had 3 hurricanes off the Pacific, they always said the Pacific didn't have hurricanes because the water was too cold.

Last night, Cabo got slammed with a Cat 3 hurricane.

CRAZY!

Honored Contributor

Re: So Cal weather changing...part 2

I feel like I'm living in the tropics! And my face and chest got fried on Saturday. ...where's Fall?
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

The heat up here in Santa Barbara is awful. No one has air conditioning as the cool coastal water and breezes usually cool us off at night. The past few weeks have been miserable. No cooling at all.

Super Contributor

I hate it! I am very sensitive to the humidity.

Give me back my dry, windy Fall. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Oh yeah...a lot of people in coastal areas don't have a/c...miserable is right. If I don't get out and run by 11 am it won't happen....
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

I'm on the east coast, but you folks all have my sympathies. When I look at the weather maps and see the temperatures you're going through I really feel for all of you. And the hurricanes??!!!!! Incredible weather events going on. Stay safe everyone.

Super Contributor

The Pacific has always had hurricanes, forming off the coasts of Mexico and Central America. They do break apart when hitting cooler waters, or move west into open waters.

I am in Southern Arizona, and of course our weather has been affected by these disturbances. We were at the tail end of our monsoon season when Norbert was headed this way. Normally dry Southern Arizona is unbearably hot and humid July through usually Labor Day. The first remnants of a hurricane, that I can recall in my own mind, October of 1983, with major flooding, homes falling off into the running rivers, etc. Of course it had happened before then, just not in my own memories.

Many times the weather forecasters will say the remnants of a hurricane or tropical storm are headed our way, but it just doesn't transpire. It sure did last week, with the remnants of Norbert hitting Tucson, and especially Phoenix quite hard.

They are forecasting the same this week with Odile. The ground is pretty well saturated around here. I guess we'll see.

Honored Contributor

On 9/15/2014 BaileyandBella said:

We were talking about this a while back........the weather changing with all the humidity. Now we have had 3 hurricanes off the Pacific, they always said the Pacific didn't have hurricanes because the water was too cold.

Last night, Cabo got slammed with a Cat 3 hurricane.

CRAZY!

Our weather has been changing here in Nebraska all of the 75+ years I have been alive. Blizzards/tornado's/floods/droughts, and I probably missed a few other things. I see nothing different about our weather nowadays compared to when I was a young child and up to and including my present age.

Nebraska weather Part 1

Got better things to deal with heat/cold/tornado's and floods than back in the day, but other than that?

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Yes, I was thinking and asking the same: Hurricanes heading toward So. Cal.?? I hadn't heard of that before. Also, folks in Oregon had been mentioning unusual humidity, too. 'What's up with that'?...........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

It's been very humid here in New Mexico this summer too. I've had very little rain at my house but the humidity has been brutal.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment