Respected Contributor

Anyone else interested in watching the Ken Burns' documentary The Roosevelts? PBS tonight

The Roosevelts: An Intimate History chronicles the lives of Theodore, Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt, three members of the most prominent and influential family in American politics. It is the first time in a major documentary television series that their individual stories have been interwoven into a single narrative. This seven-part, fourteen hour film follows the Roosevelts for more than a century, from Theodore’s birth in 1858 to Eleanor’s death in 1962.

Everything Mr. Burns has ever done has been excellent, in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else interested in watching the Ken Burns' documentary The Roosevelts? PBS tonight

I plan on watching tonight.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else interested in watching the Ken Burns' documentary The Roosevelts? PBS tonight

Yes, I plan to record it. I didn't realize it starts this evening so good deal I saw thisSmiley Happy
Honored Contributor

It's that or the RHONJ....so I guess the Roosevelts win that match up!

Respected Contributor

On 9/14/2014 terrier3 said:

It's that or the RHONJ....so I guess the Roosevelts win that match up!

Honored Contributor

I live down the street from the mansion where Teddy was sworn in as president, after the assassination of McKinley - he died about 2 miles down the same street.

I went on a tour for the first time this summer - it's a national historic site and was very interesting. After that I bought the Doris Kearns Goodwin book "The Bully Pulpit" - it was a FASCINATING book...beats RHONJ any time!!!!

Respected Contributor

On 9/14/2014 terrier3 said:

I live down the street from the mansion where Teddy was sworn in as president, after the assassination of McKinley - he died about 2 miles down the same street.

I went on a tour for the first time this summer - it's a national historic site and was very interesting. After that I bought the Doris Kearns Goodwin book "The Bully Pulpit" - it was a FASCINATING book...beats RHONJ any time!!!!

Oh, I would love to tour that home. I also admire Doris's work very, very much.

I would say, although I don't watch them, the Roosevelts are legends,

the RHONJ folks think they are {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Esteemed Contributor

yes it love everything Ken Burns does and have been looking forward to this series. The Washington Post reviewed the series and said it was one of Burns's best series. The reviewer made a interesting comment. he said that after watching what both Teddy and FDR accomplished during their time in office it saddened him to see how little present day President's are able to accomplish during their time in office even though the reach of the Federal government has increased many times over since FDR's terms.
Respected Contributor

yes especially parts on TR. franklin and eleanor have had much done on them - TR not so much and he was a wonderfully colorful character.

Honored Contributor

Watch PBS a lot.....and have been watching their commercials on this......And, this is how I intend to spend the evening, and the many evenings to follow. Am sure we will all learn something new that we didn't know before.......

Hope all enjoy it.