Super Contributor

Question About Selling on eBay

I'm wondering if you ladies can help me with a question about selling on eBay? I haven't sold anything on eBay in years. I put something for sale on there this morning, and it sold right away. I was amazed at how easy the process for putting something up for sale was nowadays. However, does the seller no longer contact the buyer directly anymore? It seems like eBay and Paypal do all the contacting. I was instructed by eBay to just print out the mailing label and send out the item. Is that accurate, or should I contact the seller directly also? Thank you!

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Super Contributor

Re: Question About Selling on eBay

You can IF you want to but really not necessary. I usually write a big Thank You scrawled on the printed out packing slip. Just ship quickly and your job is done . . . 99% of the time.

Esteemed Contributor

My son sells on eBay, and he almost always sends a quick thank you note to the buyer. Nothing like a little personal attention, and it only takes a minute.

Super Contributor

Thank you, Qwackertoo and kittymomNC! Things have really evolved on eBay since I last sold on there...so much easier! I'll send the buyer a thank you one way or the other. Smile

Respected Contributor

Some sellers don't communicate with the buyers because the buyers then cannot rate the communication DSR.

Super Contributor

Most sellers don't send a reply to me as I buy more than sell . . . once in awhile I'll get an email requesting to leave feedback when I receive IF I'm happy but I think that too is automated.

Unless it is a question through that function on ebay, from buyer or seller . . . I don't get that much communication except the automated variety . . . NOW IF I was selling multi-hundred dollar priced items, which I'm not, usually less than 100.00 . . . then I would feel more compelled to send a manually generated personal email say it had shipped and giving them insurance info or such and thanking them for their purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

Items are shipped almost immediately with a tracking # so it's really not necessary anymore.

Super Contributor

Thank you, everyone for your input. I really appreciate it! It seems like eBay is a whole different place since I last sold there.

Super Contributor

I'm 'just' a buyer, but why oh why is the icon with 'received feedback' FROM the seller highlighted right away when I haven't even as of yet received the item? Is it because I'm such a GOOD buyer?? (blushing here)

Super Contributor

On 8/29/2014 misspammie said:

I'm 'just' a buyer, but why oh why is the icon with 'received feedback' FROM the seller highlighted right away when I haven't even as of yet received the item? Is it because I'm such a GOOD buyer?? (blushing here)

I think it is because all some sellers care about is the money. Once they have it, they are satisfied with you. Other sellers will not leave feedback until the buyers does. Yes, you must be a good buyer!