Super Contributor

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR?.....

Mine is becoming homeless. You never know what direction your life is headed these days.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

A house is not a home without a cat!
Super Contributor

Re: WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR?.....

Not counting the death of or harm to loved ones? Mine is being wrongfully imprisoned (loss of freedom, etc).

Super Contributor

I was a late life baby with Dad being 48 when I was born so in my childhood I was always afraid he would have a heart attack and die in his chair at night. (He died when I was 27 in a hospital of kidney failure due medication for treatments of what they thought was lung cancer.)

In recent years my biggest fear was finding my 84 year old mother dead in her apartment if she were not to answer the phone one morning but alas she didn't go that way either. She died a few weeks ago in a care facility.

Barring anything happening to my children....at this point in my life I'm not really afraid.

Valued Contributor

That my boys will not outlive me.

Honored Contributor

Continuing to keep my diagnosed Panic/Anxiety Attacks at bay. I don't really see it as a ""fear"" but it certainly is a concern. I feel as long as I keep following through with my meds and doctor appointments I will be just fine. Also understand a way to nip them in the bud before they reach anywhere close to a full blown attack.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Losing my independence.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

On 8/28/2014 hckynut said:

Continuing to keep my diagnosed Panic/Anxiety Attacks at bay. I don't really see it as a "fear" but it certainly is a concern. I feel as long as I keep following through with my meds and doctor appointments I will be just fine. Also understand a way to nip them in the bud before they reach anywhere close to a full blown attack.

I know what you are saying. I used to be considered rather extroverted. However, since I retired, I have developed a bit of social phobia. We moved half way across the country when we retired and far away from friends. I'm working with a therapist to figure out what is causing my anxiety attacks and have medication for them. Meanwhile, DH thinks the solution is just to drag me out into big groups of people who I do not know. Uh, uh.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Valued Contributor

drowning or getting chocked
Honored Contributor

Seeing another woman wearing the same clothes as me in public.

Contributor

My biggest fear is of drowning. I almost drowned when I was young and never learned how to swim. I also get scared when I go over bridges. I am also afraid of birds, my brothers scared me all the time when I was young with a pair of fake birds my mom had, and since then I get antsy when I get close to birds.{#emotions_dlg.sad}