Honored Contributor

Yesterday my youngest daughter was asked to become a permanent employee at a temp job she had, with a raise coming. She also was chosen for a huge freelance job she had bid that will keep her busy for two months at a very high hourly rate. She said "forget my social life" because she will be working full time during the day and at least four hours every night and all weekends on the freelance project. She had gone months without any opportunities coming her way. Now it's all at once!

Today, my middle daughter texted that she has been promoted a full grade and given an 8% raise. I didn't think they gave 8% raises anymore.

Yes, I am thrilled and very proud.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Congratulations!

You have a lot to celebrate for Labor Day!!! Lots of good job news.

Trusted Contributor

(((Ford))), that's GREAT news on both counts!! So good to hear and it'll give others hope. 8% these days is a big raise! Congrats!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

Congratulations to both daughters! Wonderful news! You deserve to be proud!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

WOW, that IS great news about your daughters. Congrats to them!

Honored Contributor

Good for them!!!

Respected Contributor
Ford, your youngest daughter...is she the one that left her previous job awhile back? I remember your concern for her. I also remember reading what you wrote and thinking, her daughter will be ok. I'm SO glad for her, and you, and your other daughter as well! Continued best wishes! Smiley Happy
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

Thank you all. I am so thankful for my daughters, as well as this might be a good sign that the job market is improving.

Yes, 8% is a high raise these days. For my daughter, that's $400 a month

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor
On 8/28/2014 Marienkaefer2 said: Ford, your youngest daughter...is she the one that left her previous job awhile back? I remember your concern for her. I also remember reading what you wrote and thinking, her daughter will be ok. I'm SO glad for her, and you, and your other daughter as well! Continued best wishes! Smiley Happy

Yes, my youngest daughter is the one who was unceremoniously fired because her supervisor was jealous of her talents and was working to get her out . . . and did. She was devastated and embarrassed. Prior to that, her department at a job she had for 16 years was abruptly closed. No warning, everybody out by the end of the week. So this is a huge boost for her.

Thank you for remembering, Marienkaefer2. Smile

Formerly Ford1224
Respected Contributor
On 8/28/2014 Ford1224 said:
On 8/28/2014 Marienkaefer2 said: Ford, your youngest daughter...is she the one that left her previous job awhile back? I remember your concern for her. I also remember reading what you wrote and thinking, her daughter will be ok. I'm SO glad for her, and you, and your other daughter as well! Continued best wishes! Smiley Happy

Yes, my youngest daughter is the one who was unceremoniously fired because her supervisor was jealous of her talents and was working to get her out . . . and did. She was devastated and embarrassed. Prior to that, her department at a job she had for 16 years was abruptly closed. No warning, everybody out by the end of the week. So this is a huge boost for her.

Thank you for remembering, Marienkaefer2. Smile

Ford Smiley Happy I think if I knew you in real life, I'm probably could be friends with your daughters. We are in the same age group, and from how you write about your family, I can see commonalities. So, I'm really happy for you and I wish them continued good fortune. Many times in life we have to walk through the krap to get to the good part. Smiley Happy
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero