Respected Contributor

The QB at my high school was in a ATV accident. His name is Jaylend Ratliffe. He was airlifted to a hospital in Charlotte. He had surgery late last night to relief some pressure on his brain. He and his family are in need of prayers.

My pastor and his wife went to visit him yesterday. Jaylend had a bracelet on that read "I'm Second". The Pastor's wife asked who was "First", Jaylend pointed up to the ceiling to God.

Thanks for your prayers. I will try to keep you updated when I find out more news.

Barbara

Respected Contributor

Barbara, have prayed for Jaylend and his loved ones. May the Lord grant him healing and no lasting effects from this accident. You are a good friend to send your pastor. Sounds like this young man is a believer in Jesus. Please let us know how he progresses.

snappy {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Trusted Contributor

Barbara, bless you for caring and asking so that we can all join you in prayer for Jaylend, his family and his physicians. May the Lord continue to strengthen and comfort this remarkable young man as he recovers from his injuries. Love the bracelet! As a mom (and grand mom) I know how frightening this must be for his parents, and all those who love Jaylend. Please do keep us posted on his progress.

Respected Contributor

Jaylend is a member of my church. We had "Family Night", last night. On the last Wed. of the month we all bring pot luck and have fellowship. We all held hands and prayed for Jaylend last night. He is a super nice guy who loves the Lord. If you would, please add Jaylend Ratliffe to your church's prayer list. Thanks so much. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Beautiful! What a wonderful ministry you are all graced to be a part of. Our congregation will be praying for Jaylend, too. Going to phone it in with another couple of prayer requests right now. Lots of believers here on these forums---I'm sure many are lifting him up in prayer right now.

Honored Contributor
I hope it's a good sign that he recognized your Pastor and communicated with him. I will include him and his family in my prayers.
Esteemed Contributor

Prayers and positive thoughts for healing and comfort. Speak blessings over his family. You'll be amazed. You are a good friend to this family.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

Adding Jaylend and his family to my prayers!

Honored Contributor
Prayers for his speedy and complete recovery.
Trusted Contributor

Aw, such a shame and I do hope the surgery worked to relieve the brain swelling. I'll remember Jaylend and family in my daily prayers. Hope we hear good news from you soon on his recovery.