Honored Contributor

20 minutes later . . . too late to cancel an order

I ordered the OTO handbag (Isaac's show) and then went directly to my computer to read the reviews. After reading them (most were excellent, but some were worrisome) I called to cancel the order and was told "too late, it is already in processing." 20 minutes later? The show wasn't even over yet!

I then tried to cancel from my Order Status listing, and got the same result. I am not one to cancel things all the time, in fact, I don't remember ever cancelling anything before.

Has it always been like this?

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

Re: 20 minutes later . . . too late to cancel an order

Ford I've read other posters saying this also but I don't think it always was true,think we used to have a bigger window of time to cancel.Maybe even a day or so?

Honored Contributor

I think they've really clamped down on cancelling. I recently ordered something at night and tried to cancel the next morning only to be told it was too late.

We used to be able to do that before. You have to be really careful now, read ahead of time, even though it means it may be sold out before you get to it.

I have the feeling a lot of people have been cancelling after they read the reviews.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 7/22/2014 voyager1980 said:

Ford I've read other posters saying this also but I don't think it always was true,think we used to have a bigger window of time to cancel.Maybe even a day or so?

That's what I thought too. Now if I really dislike it, I will have to incur the cost and the hassle of returning it. What a bummer!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Did you try calling? CS might be able to cancel for you.
Honored Contributor

On 7/22/2014 NoelSeven said:

I think they've really clamped down on cancelling. I recently ordered something at night and tried to cancel the next morning only to be told it was too late.

We used to be able to do that before. You have to be really careful now, read ahead of time, even though it means it may be sold out before you get to it.

I have the feeling a lot of people have been cancelling after they read the reviews.

You hit the nail on the head, Noel. I ordered first because I liked the color and didn't want it to sell out, as one color already had. Then I went right to my computer to read the reviews. In that short amount of time, I couldn't cancel it.

Now maybe if it was a small item, like a lipstick or something, I would just keep it, but this is a $200 handbag and I will have to return it if it's not suitable for me.

Formerly Ford1224
Super Contributor

On 7/22/2014 Ford1224 said:

That's what I thought too. Now if I really dislike it, I will have to incur the cost and the hassle of returning it. What a bummer!

Could you not open it & just refuse it when delivered?Is that allowed?

Honored Contributor

On 7/22/2014 brii said: Did you try calling? CS might be able to cancel for you.

I called CS first and she was the one who initially told me "too late." I even politely argued that I had just ordered it 20 minutes ago, and she said it gets into the system very fast, and it's just too late to stop it. I don't know if I believe that or not.

I will be more careful from now on, especially on the high priced items.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

On 7/22/2014 Ford1224 said:

Could you not open it & just refuse it when delivered?Is that allowed?

Hmm, good question . . . does anyone know if that can be done?

Formerly Ford1224
Super Contributor

No it hadn't. Just last week, before I left for work I ordered a couple of dresses, one that I particularly liked was on clearance... I hopped in the shower grabbed address out of my closet and headed to work...as I was driving, I realized the dress I had ON, was the same dress I had just ordered!!! When I got to work, I went online and cancelled with no problem....silly me!!! ( wish I would have gotten it on clearance the first time!!!)