Honored Contributor

I didn't watch this show last year but I have read the entire series of the books, plus several of the ones about the knitting shop. So since I don't have the Hallmark channel here in the summer I went to Hallmark .com and I am buying last season from amazon at 1.99 an episode. I watched the first one last night and , honestly, I found the acting to be not all that great. I was very disappointed.I did not feel like I was watching the characters living their lives but instead like I was watching people playing a role.They just didn't feel real. Perhaps they just don't match up to the image I had of them in my mind as I read the books. I don't know if I will buy any more or not.I enjoyed the books so much!

Trusted Contributor
It's not the best show, but it's far from the worst. I have no problem with the experienced actors like Andie, Dylan, Bruce and Barbara, but the young set are, we'll young and average. The premiere of this season wasn't a stellar episode by any means.
Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

I think that show is a real snooze-fest, and was surprised that it came back for a second season. I agree, the acting is not great and the story line is tedious.

Now ask me why I still DVR the program, and watch it, lol. It's because there's very little on TV that even interests me and I like to watch something "calm" before I go to bed at night. This show fits the bill. Smiley Wink

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Contributor

started watching this on Netflix....nice family show

Super Contributor
I too, have read the series. I enjoyed last season, but I have to agree about the younger actors, not so good. I think my favorite thing is the awesome scenery. I think I would love living in the PNWSmiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Thank you for posting. I love the series and cannot wait for each new book. I do not get the Hallmark channel anytime of the year and had considered buying the episodes. Now I will not. One day it will be shown somewhere for free than I can watch. Thanks!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I read the majority of the books too!! Never seen the movies..don't think I would want to though.

Super Contributor

I love the idea of the show. I agree, the acting leaves a lot to be desired. The photography and scenery are beautiful.

There is so little of quality on tv anymore, in my opinion this is one of the better offerings.

Honored Contributor
On 7/22/2014 NChgOfMyAttitude said:

I love the idea of the show. I agree, the acting leaves a lot to be desired. The photography and scenery are beautiful.

There is so little of quality on tv anymore, in my opinion this is one of the better offerings.

I agree it is better than a lot that is on TV but not for $2 per episode.

Honored Contributor

Mixed feelings loved the Cedar cove books, I watched the series last summer and it was OK not sure if I will watch again. I wanted it to stay a bit closer to the books.

I will leave it on myDVR for a rainy day