Respected Contributor

What Good Books (or not so good) Have You Read Lately (or not so lately)?

I'm looking for something really good......mysteries, thriller, romance (not Harlequin) or a combination, there-of.

Fiction and/or non-fiction.

Thanks.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Good Books (or not so good) Have You Read Lately (or not so lately)?

I read ""Gone Girl"" that Ben Affleck is staring in the movie this fall. It has been on the best sellers list. It was better than I thought it was going to be. I am also rereading my Savannah Reid cozy mystery.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

I read ""Gone Girl"" that Ben Affleck is staring in the movie this fall. It has been on the best sellers list. It was better than I thought it was going to be. I am also rereading my Savannah Reid cozy mystery.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

There's a good thread on books over on the entertainment forum. I check it out for ideas every so often. Right now I am reading some over the top Greg Iles books, not sure I'd recommend them but they are popular.
Respected Contributor

I am rereading a Victorian novel right now, Anthony Trollope's _Can You Forgive Her?_. It's wonderful. On a long flight to San Francisco I reread a different novel by him, _Last Chronicle of Barset_ and it was so wonderful I decided to go down the list of my old favorites. I love a lot of novelists but Dickens and Trollope never fail to enchant.

Respected Contributor

I just read Gone Girl. UGH. Didn't like any of the characters and just wanted it to be over. Those two deserved each other. Also read Capital Murder by Phillip Margolin and liked it. Also read two Sandra Brown books on the airplane. They were typical OK books. I'm still looking for a really great read. Hard to find.
Honored Contributor

I too just finished Gone Girl and it took me longer than usual because I just thought it was OK. Not on my fav list that's for sure.

Super Contributor

On 7/21/2014 tansy said: There's a good thread on books over on the entertainment forum. I check it out for ideas every so often. Right now I am reading some over the top Greg Iles books, not sure I'd recommend them but they are popular.

Hi tansy.

I've read all Greg Iles' books. Good suspense/mystery/murder entertainment.

Super Contributor

David Baldacci is one of my favorite authors. A few hours ago I finished his ""Wish You Well"" and I loved it. Totally different from his usual.

Grow old my body but stay young my heart
Respected Contributor

I also recommend that you check out the book forum under Entertainment. You'll find hundreds of suggestions!