Super Contributor

Question...........do you want your partner to be a hugger........and someone that likes to kiss a lot? If not then why? If you want this and your partner does not like to hug a lot or kiss a lot then what did you do?

Honored Contributor

Respect his wishes. Some people don't like to hug and smoochie all the time.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I like my partner to show physical affection. I have never had a partner who didn't want to hug and kiss.

Contributor

My hubby is the hugger and kisser. Me? Not so much but I know he likes it so I don't mind complying.

Valued Contributor
I'm much more affectionate than my hubby, so if he's not in a cuddly mood, I just snuggle with the dog. He loves to be petted! Lol
Super Contributor

Thank you for the answers. I wonder if it means anything in a relationship? I wonder why people don't want to be hugged and kissed a lot or why they don't do it first?

Super Contributor

I guess I mean to say I wonder why a man does not kiss first and hug first? Seems like maybe they either don't like doing that or they are not that into the person. I need affection like hugs and kisses.........that is a must on my list but I see so many people out with their mate and they don't hold hands or talk much or at all while eating?

Valued Contributor

I don't like it constantly. I like my space, I don't like constant physical contact. Too much, to me is smothering. (for me) It has nothing to do with how I feel about the person.

Super Contributor
Some people are more reserved and aren't comfortable showing affection, particularly out in public. The only person who can answer the question of whether or not it is indicative of a relationship problem is the other person involved. If it's not an issue, turning it into some kind of drama will likely make it one, so tread lightly.
Valued Contributor
Good question RR&R! In our situation, my hubby grew up in a male dominated household so they didn't show a lot of physical affection. I don't doubt his love at all, he just isn't used to being loved on all the time. My family was very demonstrative and verbal with affection so I overwhelm him at times. So, I just give my extra hugs to the puppy!