Super Contributor

Where do you put keys, in a purse?

I was looking at the Newly Reduced Clearance items this morning. One is a dog leash for your keys, so you can fasten one end to your purse and the other end to your keys, to find your keys easily.

Do you throw your keys in the body of the handbag, loose, so they get lost with all the other junk in there?

I've always put my keys in a pocket in the purse, and if a purse doesn't have a pocket like that, I won't buy it.

I don't get the dog leash thing, but it has rave reviews.

Honored Contributor

Re: Where do you put keys, in a purse?

Either in an outside pocket of the bag, or on one of those leash things that are built into the inside of most bags.

Never just floating around; I'd never find them!

Honored Contributor

I usually throw them in there or put them in the inside side pocket.

Honored Contributor

i usually throw them in there.....there are several keychains attached to a long leash and lots of keys attached. even if they are thrown in it is hard NOT to find them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

In a pocket or loose. Loose is not a problem for me as I do not carry a boat for a bag with a zillion things inside. The contents of my purse are streamlined and the miscellaneous items are contained in a small zipper pouch.

Honored Contributor

One reason I like D&B bags, is they have a key fob attached to the purse and I put my keys there, if using another type bag, in a zip pocket inside!

Honored Contributor

Years ago, when I first moved to Los Angeles, our employer brought in the local police dept to give a self defense course for the female employees.

It was GREAT ..... and two of the things still hold true ...... {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

1-- NEVER carry a handbag in the crook of your elbow with a shoulder strap hanging .... that's an invitation for a purse snatcher! ... they run up behind you, grab the dangling strap with one hand and punch you in the face with the other .... and are a block away with your handbag before you pick yourself up off the ground!

2--- NEVER carry your keys in your purse .... always a pocket. If your purse if stolen (or misplaced, which seems less likely), you can still drive home. If they have your wallet, they may know where you live, but at least they don't have your keys to let themselves in!

I didn't mean to get long winded here, but I am continually shocked by how oblivious women are to what's going on around them !! {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Honored Contributor

I place my car and house keys in the zipper portion of a purse. They are always easy to find there.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Super Contributor

I have my keys on a mini carabina clip, and clip to one of the rings.

Respected Contributor

I really only need to find my keys when I am in a store that I use the little card for the sale prices (grocery, pet store, CVS...) because my car starts without the key and I have a garage door opener programed into my car--

so, I keep my keys in a zippered pocket inside my purse.