Respected Contributor

Vent, I really love my husband, but not today

I profess I do love him, but today's he's getting on my nerves.

So he offers to help me out and run the vacuum. Great, only thing that when he moves things he never puts them back. His tennis shoes are on the bed and the throw rugs are all over the place. So I have to stop what I'm doing.....OK at least the vacuuming in done.

Then he sees me in our tiny kitchen getting ready to make a cake. He has to be in there. He decides he needs the knife and cutting board I'm going to use. We have ethnic favorites for Easter and he decides now is the time to pack some food up and take to the neighbors. Using good glass storage containers instead of my giveaway plastics, returning to me a dirty knife, cutting board and a sink with used containers needing washed.

I must hold my tongue and walk away...and now he tells me I need to chop the nuts for the cake smaller.

I hope you all enjoy my little rant and get a chuckle out of it.

Happy Easter!

Respected Contributor

Re: Vent, I really love my husband, but not today

Hi Allegheny.....You gave me a chuckle and I can so relate.....DH has been home a week (he travels a lot for his job) and yesterday I was thinking to myself that I don't mind that he's flying out again on Monday, I love and adore him but I know exactly what you mean. I really love our time together, but also love the breaks in between (;
Honored Contributor

I totally understand your rant. You don't to seem unappreciative of what hubby does but why can't they do it right? Sometimes I think my hubby purposely does stuff wrong so that I won't ask him to do anything.....not that he volunteers much anyway. Yeah, it has to be love.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

On 4/19/2014 Allegheny said:

So he offers to help me out and run the vacuum. Great, only thing that when he moves things he never puts them back. His tennis shoes are on the bed and the throw rugs are all over the place. So I have to stop what I'm doing.....OK at least the vacuuming in done.

Then he sees me in our tiny kitchen getting ready to make a cake. He has to be in there. He decides he needs the knife and cutting board I'm going to use. We have ethnic favorites for Easter and he decides now is the time to pack some food up and take to the neighbors. Using good glass storage containers instead of my giveaway plastics, returning to me a dirty knife, cutting board and a sink with used containers needing washed.

I must hold my tongue and walk away...and now he tells me I need to chop the nuts for the cake smaller.

Happy Easter!

I can relate to many things you have said here. For me I am regularly using the vacuum and my wife very seldom. She works every day and I don't so why would I want her to have to do this when I have all day to run it? When I pick something up to clean under it or beside it, I put it back where it was before running the vacuum there.

When I see her making things in the kitchen, even though we have a large kitchen, I steer clear. If she is in the kitchen there are usually at least 4-5 felines walking around her legs and feet, and sometimes even a Boxer she is fostering.

As far as plastic containers for food? My wife has way more bottoms of them and not enough tops. I always run and empty the dishwasher, but when it comes to her plastic containers? Leave that job to her because I like putting all the pieces together in the place they belong. When there are 10 bottoms and 7 tops?

Decided recently to buy her a set with an attached lid so the lids would not get lost(she says lost I say misplaced somewhere and maybe a cat put it somewhere). Got her an 11-piece set to see if she likes it, 'er uses them, and if so I will buy her more and different sizes. That way I can empty the complete dishwasher and won't have to ask her to do that part of it.

Did give me a laugh even though our situation is not quite the same as yours, maybe even a 180 difference.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

It is much better to share with us but hold your tongue. If there were ever a time when you were without him, these things would seem minor, and if anything, might give you a little chuckle.

Honored Contributor

On 4/19/2014 Mmsfoxxie said: I totally understand your rant. You don't to seem unappreciative of what hubby does but why can't they do it right? Sometimes I think my hubby purposely does stuff wrong so that I won't ask him to do anything.....not that he volunteers much anyway. Yeah, it has to be love.

(bolded by me) - This is something they pick up as a child and sometimes they keep it because it serves them well. hehe

Sometimes I am convinced that they are trying to drive us crazy. I'm sure somebody will come along to chastise you for venting, though, so watch out. Some people here have either no ability or no desire to see anything from the POV of others.

Respected Contributor

Thanks all for the understanding. I know some of my oddities aggravate him. We married in our forties and pretty much were established in our own ways of doing things.

John I like the way you vacuum, that's the way I do it. I know your wife was ill, I hope she is improving. Your love and admiration for your wife always shines through.

Well the cake is in the oven and DH is in the kitchen preparing a salad to accompany our spaghetti for dinner. All is well.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/19/2014 hckynut said:

Happy Easter!

I can relate to many things you have said here. For me I am regularly using the vacuum and my wife very seldom. She works every day and I don't so why would I want her to have to do this when I have all day to run it? When I pick something up to clean under it or beside it, I put it back where it was before running the vacuum there.

When I see her making things in the kitchen, even though we have a large kitchen, I steer clear. If she is in the kitchen there are usually at least 4-5 felines walking around her legs and feet, and sometimes even a Boxer she is fostering.

As far as plastic containers for food? My wife has way more bottoms of them and not enough tops. I always run and empty the dishwasher, but when it comes to her plastic containers? Leave that job to her because I like putting all the pieces together in the place they belong. When there are 10 bottoms and 7 tops?

Decided recently to buy her a set with an attached lid so the lids would not get lost(she says lost I say misplaced somewhere and maybe a cat put it somewhere). Got her an 11-piece set to see if she likes it, 'er uses them, and if so I will buy her more and different sizes. That way I can empty the complete dishwasher and won't have to ask her to do that part of it.

Did give me a laugh even though our situation is not quite the same as yours, maybe even a 180 difference.

You found containers with an attached lid? Do tell, where did you get them? Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks all for the understanding. I know some of my oddities aggravate him. We married in our forties and pretty much were established in our own ways of doing things.

John I like the way you vacuum, that's the way I do it. I know your wife was ill, I hope she is improving. Your love and admiration for your wife always shines through.

Well the cake is in the oven and DH is in the kitchen preparing a salad to accompany our spaghetti for dinner. All is well.

I definitely understand you! I vented in here once on the very same topic. Funny, I can't remember exactly what DH was doing to aggravate me...LOL Your post gave me a chuckle and for that I thank you. Smile

Respected Contributor

Deb1010again, I just googled food storage containers with attached lids and Wow. Amazon has them, there others called Mr. Lid and even saw some made by Dixie. Just thought I'd let you know until John replies back.