Christmas in July(R) Sale
47 Members and 12688 Guests Online

Music

Keith Urban on HSN Nov 3... HSN vs. Q? HSN just won. :)

Started 1382815234.007 in Music | Last reply 1383994672.137 by amyb

That's all. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Page 1 of 1
JeanLouise­Finch1382867635.78710243 PostsRegistered 10/3/2011

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I recently joined a KU VIP club of some kind, just so I'd be able to have early access to concert tickets before they went public. All I know is that there must be many members because I was online the second sales opened and I'm still a ways away from the stage - good seats, but not close. For joining, I got a t-shirt and something that looks like a crew placard which is probably worthless. I don't care though, we're going to a KU Concert! I'm not even a big country music fan, but it doesn't matter, I'll go for the view....hehehe.

amyb1382873672.951698 PostsRegistered 9/23/2007
On 10/27/2013 JeanLouiseFinch said:

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I recently joined a KU VIP club of some kind, just so I'd be able to have early access to concert tickets before they went public. All I know is that there must be many members because I was online the second sales opened and I'm still a ways away from the stage - good seats, but not close. For joining, I got a t-shirt and something that looks like a crew placard which is probably worthless. I don't care though, we're going to a KU Concert! I'm not even a big country music fan, but it doesn't matter, I'll go for the view....hehehe.

Enjoy~He's awesome in concert! And LOL besides that "view", he's just great, playing guitar, performing his songs live, and an all around good-vibe guy. I've seen him twice in concert (once on a double bill with Brad Paisley, which was awesome...great combo of two of country's best guitar playin', good song-writing performers.) One show my bf surprised me with sky-box tix he won in a blind auction for my b-day. Bf says he doesn't want to go again, so I don't have plans yet for this tour, unless I grab a girlfriend and go...he's coming to our area in November. Anyway, have a great time...what date? Love him on Idol too...he has great comments, he's down to earth and kind, with a love of music and appreciation for the contestants.

amyb1382873841.151698 PostsRegistered 9/23/2007
Btw...VIP...does that mean you'll be doing a meet & greet? Also, that's strange about being far back VIP...I mean that's what you pay the big bucks for...I thought it meant within the first 5-10 rows (though 1-3 is better than 4-10, of course!) Anyway, that's still pretty close.

FindingMyJ­oy1383137215.01615 PostsRegistered 12/28/2012

I have no interest in buying a guitar but I will check out one of the tv shows to see Keith!!

My theory - Keith got into selling guitars due to his time on American Idol with Randy Jackson? Randy also sells guitars on HSN.

amyb1383275774.91698 PostsRegistered 9/23/2007
On 10/30/2013 FindingMyJoy said:

I have no interest in buying a guitar but I will check out one of the tv shows to see Keith!!

My theory - Keith got into selling guitars due to his time on American Idol with Randy Jackson? Randy also sells guitars on HSN.

Yes, exactly what I thought. And Randy got into hawking things on HSN maybe when Paula did it. Actually, everyone and their brother/sister would love to hawk anything on both the Q and HSN, and who can blame them. Wish I was a "branded person!!"

JeanLouise­Finch1383294845.4810243 PostsRegistered 10/3/2011
On 10/27/2013 amyb said: Btw...VIP...does that mean you'll be doing a meet & greet? Also, that's strange about being far back VIP...I mean that's what you pay the big bucks for...I thought it meant within the first 5-10 rows (though 1-3 is better than 4-10, of course!) Anyway, that's still pretty close.

Oh, I wish! VIP in this case wasn't about seating or a meet and greet. Maybe I called it the wrong thing. All the "membership" did was give me early access to the tickets before they went public and I also got a t-shirt and a neck placard that's nothing special, just for looks. The placard is a little dumb, but I'll probably wear the t-shirt to the concert.

manicshopp­er1383499670.8972818 PostsRegistered 10/21/2009Never Never Land

I am "enjoying" HSN today as well{#emotions_dlg.devil2} Not buying a guitar, but sure enjoying the shows!
I was thinking also that he was probably influenced into selling a product on HSN from his interactions with R Jackson - and Mariah also - I'm sure it was part of their conversations and about the selling power of home shopping.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"

- Eleanor Roosevelt

ennui11383507110.7176531 PostsRegistered 6/22/2013

I remember Randy selling watches on HSN.

I think Barry Diller has a lot of celebrity pull. Did you know HSN owns controlling interest in Ticketmaster?

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." ~Robert Brault

mbbennett1383514776.66335 PostsRegistered 9/25/2013No. California - East Bay

I saw Keith in concert in September, the Fuse tour! He was awesome, I am also buying one of his guitars cause I've always wanted to play the guitar. Hope I get as good as Keith, Dave Grohl and Mark Tremonti, they are my favs....

Beth

amyb1383516797.3771698 PostsRegistered 9/23/2007
On 11/3/2013 ennui1 said:

I remember Randy selling watches on HSN.

I think Barry Diller has a lot of celebrity pull. Did you know HSN owns controlling interest in Ticketmaster?

Is Barry Diller at HSN? Wasn't he the guy who was with the Q back in the day for a while?

amyb1383994672.1331698 PostsRegistered 9/23/2007
On 11/3/2013 mbbennett said:

I saw Keith in concert in September, the Fuse tour! He was awesome, I am also buying one of his guitars cause I've always wanted to play the guitar. Hope I get as good as Keith, Dave Grohl and Mark Tremonti, they are my favs....

I'd be curious. mb, to see what you think after receiving it~if you see this and feel like it, please post your review of what you receive and how good the instruction dvds were~Tks!

Page 1 of 1