Esteemed Contributor

DVD Series Recommendations Please

With fall and winter upon us, I am looking for some good DVD series to watch. I have gotten some great recommendations here before including:

The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, Upstairs Downstairs, Dexter, The Paradise, etc.

Would appreciate any recommendations you have to offer. TIA. LM

Movie recommendations appreciated also!

Honored Contributor

Re: DVD Series Recommendations Please

Nip/Tuck, my all time fave guilty pleasure. Also , Rescue Me, is excellent.

Honored Contributor

Heartland, Friday Night Lights, Vikings, Downton Abbey, Homeland, Supernatural, Grimm.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

I loved Grand Hotel! I saw it on Netflix, in Spanish with English subtitles. It is a turn-of-the-century era mystery set in a...wait for it...grand hotel. On the northern coast of Spain. Gorgeous and riveting. Loved, loved, loved it.

I've also enjoyed Last Tango in Hallifax on the BBC. As well as some of the others you mentioned including Dexter, Homeland, and The Paradise.

And if you haven't already seen it, Breaking Bad is, in my opinion, the best series ever created. Seriously. It has all the elements of a classic Shakespearean tradegy of epic proportions. It is that good.

Esteemed Contributor

Great! Keep 'em coming! LM

Super Contributor

Yes, yes, yes with going for Breaking Bad!! Truly one of the greatest series ever on television. Friday Night Lights is also one of the greats . Rescue Me and 24 are also very good.

Honored Contributor

Ooh, I really loved Nip/Tuck too! I recently watched the entire series on Netflix.

Six Feet Under is another huge series favorite of mine. Every couple of years I watch it all over again.

I really loved S**x and the City also.

Esteemed Contributor

I just bought Season 1 of NCIS and Hawaii 50. My friend also said Drop Dead Diva is worth watching.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Valued Contributor

Watching series from Netflix is what keeps me on the treadmill every day. I put in a dvd and can tolerate exercise. I've gone through a lot and seem to watch a lot of British series. Judge John Deed, George Gently, Luther (all detectives). Lark Rise to Candleford. Murdoch Mysteries (a Canadian series set at the turn of the century). Vera. Inspector Lewis. and Foyle's War

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions. Sounds like some good ones!