Respected Contributor

Olivia de Haviland turned 98 in July

She is the oldest living actress left from the Golden Era. Wow. Last appearance she was 94 and looks pretty darn good. Lives in Paris.

Hard to believe her sister - Joan Fontaine made it to 96, that's some good genes.

Super Contributor

Re: Olivia de Haviland turned 98 in July

If I am not mistaken Luise Rainier ( The Good Earth) turned 103 not too long ago.

Super Contributor

On 8/19/2014 LoveShelties said:

If I am not mistaken Luise Rainier ( The Good Earth) turned 103 not too long ago.

I just checked she turned 104 in January

Respected Contributor

Wow, I wonder why she wasn't mentioned in the Golden Era although I didn't see her in many movies. I finally watched the Good Earth the other day from beginning to end. I guess the pearls brought her good luck! I wonder what she looks like now, I will have to google.

Super Contributor

On 8/19/2014 luvmyteddy said:

Wow, I wonder why she wasn't mentioned in the Golden Era although I didn't see her in many movies. I finally watched the Good Earth the other day from beginning to end. I guess the pearls brought her good luck! I wonder what she looks like now, I will have to google.

she looks great. I had a chance to see Robert Osborne interview her in honor of her 100 birthday on TCM. I found during that interview that she was the first person to win back to back Oscars. One Zeigfeld movie ( forgot the name of it) and followed that up with a second one for The Good Earth.

Respected Contributor

she looks great. I had a chance to see Robert Osborne interview her in honor of her 100 birthday on TCM. I found during that interview that she was the first person to win back to back Oscars. One Zeigfeld movie ( forgot the name of it) and followed that up with a second one for The Good Earth.

I read about the back to back Oscars and she said she could never live up to that and after three years she had no more to give. Though she did a few things later on in life. I watched the The Great Ziegfeld movie with Lana Turner but I don't remember her in it.

Honored Contributor

Too bad Olivia lost her sister, Joan Fontaine, recently. She was 96. Longevity runs in that family.

Honored Contributor

Did she say what she eats? Smiley Happy