Valued Contributor

DH and I thought this was the BEST movie we have seen this year!!!

Judi Dench does a magnificent job in the movie of Philameana (sp) which is based on a true story! We have seen a lot of the films this year that were up for Oscars, etc., but this one just was something we both enjoyed and my husband generally would not sit through such a movie, but he too was into it big time. A remarkable story and the woman who this happened to is a better Christian than most of us!! As I said, we have seen most of the big films (never will or could care less about Wolf of Wall Sreet) and have Saving Mr. Banks coming next.

I cannot recommend this movie any more than I have and I hope if you haven't seen it, you intend to as it is just unforgettable and beautifully done!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

Re: DH and I thought this was the BEST movie we have seen this year!!!

Saw this movie in a theater several months ago and really enjoyed it. There were a lot of good movies out around the holidays this year.

Honored Contributor

My sister was quite anxious to see this one. she said she liked it, but did not love it.

Honored Contributor

I saw it recently and though I enjoyed it I also found it very sad. How heartbreaking to go through something like that but she never lost her faith. Judi Dench is fantastic in all of her movies. She's definitely one of the best actresses around.

Valued Contributor

I saw this movie with my mom because she and I are both Judi Dench fans. We loved it! It is heartbreaking and inspirational at the same time. The real Philomena met with the Pope earlier this year and they screened the movie at the Vatican. The Pope did not see the film, but his most trusted associate did and the Pope has now ordered all those adoption records to be opened.

Esteemed Contributor

When I was growing. Up, we move to a new housing in the city of San Francisco. Behind our house a couple of blocks, up on a hill, you could see the Catholic home for unwed mothers. We heard all kind of stories about it, true or not, it and the fear of our parents in the 50,s kept us from getting preg.

Respected Contributor

I loved this movie. It had humor, warmth and a great story line.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Excellent movie

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau