Valued Contributor

I saw this today on Netflex and while it was hard to watch as the movie revealed more dysfunctions within a family, I gave it 5 stars as the acting was amazing, and the story one that will stay for me for a long time. I hope not many homes are like what this movie portrays but I think that is being idealistic unfortunately. Meryl Streep, Abagail Breslen, and Juliet (or Julie) Lewis along with Julia Roberts along with outstanding male actors but the women were outstanding. This is a movie you do not sit with kids around and really is a movie that will appeal to woman so much more then men! DH passed on it which was no surprise.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the review. I hope to see it soon.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ringer -- I went thinking it was a comedy. I should have read the reviews. Fabulous acting and some funny parts, but tragic, too. I still can't figure out where Julia Roberts was going - without her bags or handbag in the truck...

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor
On 4/8/2014 ury said:

Hi Ringer -- I went thinking it was a comedy. I should have read the reviews. Fabulous acting and some funny parts, but tragic, too. I still can't figure out where Julia Roberts was going - without her bags or handbag in the truck...

Your response was funny and you were right---where was she going??

Frequent Contributor

I did want to see this movie............... Just never got the chance while it was in the Theaters.......... Anyway tried to watch on Netflix, but it's not available for streaming. Guess I'll see it eventually.

Honored Contributor

They have it at redbox.

Trusted Contributor

I think it was a remarkable movie and it deals with some very difficult subjects.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Super Contributor

My Cousin just told me today that I have to see that movie. Guess I will see it as soon as I can get it. I love the actors in this movie.

Honored Contributor

I was going to rent this one last night,but ended up watching The Help, which I had never seen and enjoyed. I will rent August Osage County soon!

Honored Contributor

It's #1 on my list at Netflix, I have Mud now, but haven't watched it yet!