Honored Contributor

Update to Thanksgiving Dilemma post

For some reason, I cannot seem to post a response to that thread anymore. I tried twice and it just doesn't post.

I just wanted to tell you folks that as of today everyone is going to my niece's house for Thanksgiving. Even my sick daughter wants to go, even though we all know that could change. I certainly identify with that because that's what auto-immune illnesses do. I couldn't go to my youngest granddaughter's birthday party yesterday. It was one of those days when you get up and it smacks you in the face and you have to stay in bed all day.

Now today I could have gone. I feel better today. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

Also, thank you all for your opinions and kind responses. It always, always helps me.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Re: Update to Thanksgiving Dilemma post

Have a wonderful time and thanks for the update.

Honored Contributor

On 11/2/2014 KarenQVC said:

Have a wonderful time and thanks for the update.

You're welcome Karen. Really weird that I can no longer post to that thread.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to give us the latest on your family's plans

I hope it all works out just the way you want it and that your daughter is feeling well enough to enjoy the holidays. My daughter also suffers from an auto-immune condition so I know that it can be a day-to-day situation.....but that's okay!

Honored Contributor

Good to hear, thank you for the update.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm glad. I hope your entire family has the best Thanksgiving ever!

Valued Contributor

Ford, thanks for posting. Rarely, do I ever visit this forum; for some reason, I decided to read here today.

I'm happy to hear you were able to get everything resolved. I was also sorry to hear about the diagnosis for your daughter. I am however, glad that she finally got to the bottom of what was going on with her health.

As far as your "follower", it's sooooooooooooo very obvious he/she must keep a log of everything you have posted here for a long time. Ignoring IMO, is the best thing to do if at all possible.

Honored Contributor

Good news, thanks for the up-date.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

On 11/4/2014 HisElk said:

Ford, thanks for posting. Rarely, do I ever visit this forum; for some reason, I decided to read here today.

I'm happy to hear you were able to get everything resolved. I was also sorry to hear about the diagnosis for your daughter. I am however, glad that she finally got to the bottom of what was going on with her health.

As far as your "follower", it's sooooooooooooo very obvious he/she must keep a log of everything you have posted here for a long time. Ignoring IMO, is the best thing to do if at all possible.

That's what I mostly do. She/he/it doesn't bother me one bit anymore. There are several of them and I don't know which one this is, since they all change their nics all the time,

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving too, HisElk! Smile

Formerly Ford1224
Contributor

Fun to read a happy post! So glad things are working out for the holiday. Have a wonderful time together.

And hope you feel well. Auto-immune diseases stink! Here's to a healthy, happy Thanksgiving for all of us.