Occasional Contributor

I bet you can cook and are good in you know what ...

{#emotions_dlg.bored}

Hmmm as a Latin woman is weird how many times I get asked the same question over and over again .

Men and some women think that just because we speak Spanish and know how to dance is by default that we come out of the womb knowing how to cook all types of spicy rice , meats, etc., {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

And yes I do know how to cook ! okay, so they are right ( never mind ... )

And are very good at wasting time writing nonsense in forums about nada ( hey ! this is going to be a lot of fun !!!!!!!!!!! who knew ... )

Honored Contributor

Re: I bet you can cook and are good in you know what ...

I bet you like it hot & spicy.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

I think it's crazy that everybody thinks people of Hispanic descent all speak Spanish (!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

Super Contributor

OT but not OT Today is my son's 43rd bday. I'm nostalgic like an idiot, but I've also come to learn (kind of knew) I can't cook and put together a nice meal like I used to. Having 'stuffed shells'(no meat,,,family ya know)....broc and caulif and cheese casserole, "everything" bread from the bakery (meaning sesame, garlic, etc.) and had thrown together some mac salad the the other day, but made it for ME,,,= onion, g pepper, pickles, green olives, tons of celery, and even thru in tuna, and of course Dukes MAYO (which I'd leaned from here and in Va. now). Wish me luck with this. been nostalgic of the day he was born. I'm sure they won't quite understand. Hope you mums do.

Super Contributor

LOL I know lotsa Latin men who are not good at you know what according to my girl friends! LOL

Super Contributor

On 9/19/2014 brewhaha said:

I bet you like it hot & spicy.

Too funny Brew!

Super Contributor

My mom's last name ends in a vowel, and people think she spends all day simmering sauce for spaghetti.