Esteemed Contributor
I am posting this as being funny and how little kids say the funniest things. I have a three year old niece that is already a fashion diva. She won't wear dresses. On the mornings my mom has her she will ask what am I wearing today. Then my mom will get it out of the bag and she will go I am not wearing that. Her frozen shirts seem to be all she likes lol. We will go that outfit is so cute and she goes it's not an outfit and its not cute. We even will say that is so ugly but it doesn't work. She will scream if my sister even attempts a dress. She is so funny.if she was older I am sure we did think she is a brat but at three it's funny.
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone have a toddler diva

Personally I don't find anything funny about a child at any age screaming and throwing a temper tantrum over anything.....ETA....unless they are sick or hurt. You might think it's cute now but when you keep giving into that kind of behavior when she's young, she will always expect to get her way and it will only get worse as time goes on. Then you will have a real diva on your hands.....good luck with that.

Esteemed Contributor

I never said how it was dealt with. We just think it's funny because at three she is so into what she is wearing.
Trusted Contributor

When you laugh at inappropriate behavior, it reinforces it. I don't think it's cute.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Occasional Contributor

On 9/16/2014 lobstergal said:

Personally I don't find anything funny about a child at any age screaming and throwing a temper tantrum over anything.....ETA....unless they are sick or hurt. You might think it's cute now but when you keep giving into that kind of behavior when she's young, she will always expect to get her way and it will only get worse as time goes on. Then you will have a real diva on your hands.....good luck with that.

I agree OP all you are doing is reinforcing bad behavior and creating a monster. This kid already sounds like a total brat nothing in your story is cute regarding her behavior
Esteemed Contributor

I never said we laugh at her. I said we will have conversations when she isn't around and will laugh about what she does. We have just never seen a three year old care about what she is wearing.she is a good little girl and very easy going.
Honored Contributor

Am very pleased to have raised 2 girls without a hint of diva attitude. Both are in their mid 30's now, and still no diva attitude. One is a teacher, and the other drives a tractor trailer; neither wants children, and they don't seem to be too interested in finding a husband either.
Super Contributor

On 9/16/2014 ccassaday said: I never said we laugh at her. I said we will have conversations when she isn't around and will laugh about what she does. We have just never seen a three year old care about what she is wearing.she is a good little girl and very easy going.

Where in your OP does it say this....because I don't see it?

Esteemed Contributor

I guess I need to explain further. She definitely does not get away with crying when she has to put something on she doesn't like. My sister makes her still put it on. Yes she gets to wear the stuff she likes more often but if the occasion calls for a dress she wears it.
Super Contributor

Oh lighten up people....let the kid wear what she wants until it rots off her back...some kids get on a kick about clothes or certain foods...they get over it...it's not a huge deal...save your energy for important issues.