Occasional Contributor

second post ! not so sad today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

the other day I was feeling sad because my grand baby is about to be born and I was feeling left out . I want to thank all the ones that were so sweet because it made me feel better Smiley Happy .

Let me introduce myself ... No, my account is not zero ( depression and sadness can lead to crazy )

I am a size four or a two on a good day , had my children young , my husband has a great job , never worked and dedicated my entire life to raising my wonderful family , people consider me pretty if not beautiful even been called alluring , loved to dance, am funny, can make friends easily .

If you knew me in person - you would like me Smiley Happy

No, I don't want my children's money . I give money to my parents , we rescue stray animals all the time .

That day was just one of those days .... That's all

no, I won't be buying much for my grand baby before he/she is born because what I can afford does not compare what they can buy and my fear is that it probably will go in the trash. So, I will wait and see as we don't have the cash to waste.

It also hurts that the other grandma goes to the sonogram visits but not I - Now, that has nothing to do with money or me wanting a hand out .

Joan Rivers told Melissa to remember that " this too shall pass " and we all need to remember that .

She did not have it easy and dealt with it by working 24/7 . I need to do the same ... so, for starters my house is the cleanest it has ever been Smiley Happy ( maybe that is why I feel better )

In a week or two this world better get ready because a mother of 4 boys and 1 girl , size 4 , will be out and about looking for work Smiley Happy .

You may know the some of me but not the sum of me Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: second post ! not so sad today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see you only have two posts and both were threads started by you. The polite thing on boards is to reply and thank people for replying to your thread that you started. Thank them on that thread. I see you never responded to the other thread.

Just a tip.....

Valued Contributor

mima:

She did reply and thank people, albeit not on the original thread, but she has done so here. I'm willing to give her some wiggle room on that, she might not have the protocol down pat just yet.

4boysand1girl:

I hope things work out for you, that you get a great job and that you get to spend lots of time with your new grandchild. Life sure has a way of getting us down sometimes, I know that as well as others do. In the worlds of Jerome Kern "just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again". Good luck hon.

Maria

Honored Contributor

It's possible the other grandmother was not invited and your daughter doesn't feel comfortable saying no to her. I don't think any grandparents belong at a sonogram visit. Personally, I think those visits should be mother and father only. You know, not all of those visits result in good news and the last thing I'd want is a room full of spectators if I had bad news. If your daughter doesn't want you there, that should be respected. When you had her, it was about you. Now it's her turn and it's not supposed to be about you. That might be difficult, but that's the way it is. I hope you always hear happy news from her about the results and that you have a healthy grandchild on his or her way.

You've stated your clothing size as the first fact listed and one of the last facts listed. I don't even know what to make of that. I've never seen anyone do that before.

Regular Contributor

ChynnaBlue, I also found it odd that she stated her clothing size twice in the post. Not even sure how to respond.

I totally agree with everything else you said. And it still seems to me that something is "off" about this poster and her posts. Not trying to be rude or snarky, but something is just not quite right.

Trusted Contributor

Glad you are feeling better, and admit I didn't read your other post - but I too found it strange, that you felt compelled to not once but twice - list your clothing size. {#emotions_dlg.huh}

I don't get the connection to your problem, but I wonder - to you, does your size define you??{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Esteemed Contributor

Yeah I don't get the clothing size either. The sonogram should be just between the mother and father. When my sister was expecting my niece she had a friend that was training to read ultrasounds. She offered to help her out and got one done for free. Since she all ready had hers done at her doctors and this was just to help her friend out she invited my mom. But the ones at the doctors were just her and her husband.
Super Contributor

Oooooooooooooh, puleeeeeeeeeeeeez...get a dang life, will ya!!

Super Contributor

4boysand1g­irl2 PostsJoined 9/13/2014

Three days and she's leaves THIS post? I think it's bogus!

Valued Contributor

I never expected to be invited to my son and dil's ultrasound. I love them and have a good relationship but this is their child. My gift to them was a plaque I found that stated how my husband and I felt about a new life I didn't put a dollar value on our gift. Although we all arrived at the hospital waiting for the birth her mother was with her daughter and baby before I was and tried to make an excuse why she saw them before us. So what, that's one day. I love them all and we all have lives to live.