Super Contributor

Just dropped my son off for college orientation. Excited for him but a bit nervous too. He's there until tomorrow evening.

Hoping we've made the right university choice. Anyone else sending their kids off to college?

Frequent Contributor

OMG, perfect timing. I am in total 100% freak out mode as I am facing an empty nest in 3 weeks. I am not kidding. I am spazzing to say the least.

Is this your first child heading to college? I was stressed about my first two leaving home, but nothing like this with my last child.

I feel confident about the choice of school....just don't know what to do with my life now!

I was actually going to start a new thread about this! LOL.

Let us know how things went for him at orientation. Don't be shocked if he is overwhelmed. My son and all his friends had their heads spinning.

Respected Contributor

Good luck, I wish you well. Hope for the best.

Super Contributor

Hearts4me he's my first to college. I still have a 9 year old at home so no empty nest like you. I would imagine sending your youngest off is difficult! I feel for you. Is your youngest going close or far away?

Stylishlady thank you for the good wishes.

Respected Contributor
Funny. I just walked in from Bed Bath and Beyond with my 1st born shopping for college. She leaves Aug 16. I was slightly teary eyed picking out sheets, quilts, lamps etc. We are super excited for her. Great campus! Wish we could go back...
Frequent Contributor

My son is going close - only about 1 hour away at least. Just a shocking change in my life. I've been a SAHM for 27 years. Crazy.

We will all have to post on here to keep each other's spirits up!

(And I did the Bed, Bath, and Beyond thing, too, last week!)

Super Contributor

Scatcat that will be our stop in a few weeks. I told him to take a picture of the dorm room so we'd have an idea.

Hearts4me that's about how far my son will be. He wanted to stay in Southern CA. but it's still makes me nervous.

I agree we should chat the next few weeks as we send them off.

Regular Contributor

Sent my oldest last year, thank God he's going to a college that is less than two hours away! I was afraid I'd have to go on meds at first but gradually I've adjusted {#emotions_dlg.scared} Doesn't mean I like it, ha ha, but I am learning to live with it. He comes home at least one weekend a month and comes home for holidays and breaks so at least I am seeing him regularly. I think the real hard part for me will be if he decides to move far away when he's finished with school.

Super Contributor

Mandy Moo it's nice he's close enough to come home for breaks.

Regular Contributor
On 7/21/2014 Disneylandfan said:

Mandy Moo it's nice he's close enough to come home for breaks.

Yes, I don't know how I would have handled it otherwise.