Occasional Contributor

Re: Any Older Moms Out There-Update

I don't know if you all remember me. I posted back in September about my husband and I tossing around the idea of having another child. I am now 42 and he is 44. Well we decided to go for it. We started taking certain vitamins, tried to eat healthier and keep up with working out.

We chose January as our first month of trying. Geez we were like two 20 something year olds that first time trying. We were both nervous and excited. lol Anyway, it took 2 months but in February I got the plus sign on my pee stick!

I am now 17 weeks along, received very good results from the NT scan and also had specific genetic testing done due to our age which came back negative for Trisomy 21, 18 and 13. I have to say it's a bit weird to be referred to as Advanced Maternal Age especially since I had my first one at 21 years of age.

Anyway thank you all for your postings on my original thread and wish us luck!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Re: Any Older Moms Out There-Update

I remember you and congrats! Now eat your wheaties cuz you're going to need it lol
Esteemed Contributor

congrats.....I wish you and your family the very best....keep us posted as the pregnancy progresses......

Frequent Contributor

You didn't say if you chose to find out the gender?? Or do you want the surprise?
Honored Contributor

How exciting for you both, congrats!!

Valued Contributor

Best wishes to you! I had my last child at thirty eight so I don't know if that would qualify me for being an older mom. I think when you have a baby when you're older you appreciate things more and have more wisdom.

Super Contributor

You are BLESSED ! Best wishes for an easy healthy pregnancy and a beautiful baby !

Honored Contributor

I remember you too! What a blessing! Congratulations! Now take it easy and enjoy your pregnancy. We'll be anxious for any updates you provide!

Respected Contributor

that's so very exciting!!! Yay!

We should have an internet party! I will bring Italian Cream Cake - the best recipe I ever found for cake!

Recipe found HERE

Honored Contributor

LVLady~ Congratulations! What a blessing!! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G