Contributor

Diamonique gets me in trouble

{#emotions_dlg.blush} posted pictures of me wearing my pretty diamonique jewelry and sure enough pretty soon some relatives wanted to borrow money I did not have.

Now, I do not own the diamonds they think I own and the family I used to think I had are gone Smiley Happy

On the bright side of things ... I did look pretty darn good wearing all those bangles, earrings, tennis bracelets, etc., Lisa Robertson Christmas tree would had been jealous

Respected Contributor

Re: Diamonique gets me in trouble

I was wondering if you had left the forums. Where did you post your photo that all your family saw it? I like to wear fun jewelry, but no one asks for money.

Super Contributor

I would love to see some pictures of your diamonique! I love it Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

want to see the photos.

Trusted Contributor

I don't mind costume jewelry with crystals. If it's well made and pretty, I enjoy it and no one imagines it's the real thing. Some vintage and higher-end costume pieces are of very good quality, very beautiful, and highly collectible. I have no interest in fake stones like diamonique meant to fool people into thinking I'm wearing real diamonds.

Respected Contributor

'

Honored Contributor

On 4/23/2014 Meeras said:

want to see the photos.

I assumed she meant on Facebook. People do judge clothes and jewelry, and sometimes the best dressed people shop for great deals and probably pay less than those who don't shop the sales.

Honored Contributor

I wear a lot of turquoise........and most people think they are cheap plastic beads..............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

On 4/27/2014 GoodStuff said:

I don't mind costume jewelry with crystals. If it's well made and pretty, I enjoy it and no one imagines it's the real thing. Some vintage and higher-end costume pieces are of very good quality, very beautiful, and highly collectible. I have no interest in fake stones like diamonique meant to fool people into thinking I'm wearing real diamonds.

I agree. I don't mind a piece or two but couldn't personally see collecting DMQ.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I have a few pieces that I absolutely love. I've never gotten the impression that anyone thought they were real. In fact I can't think of any of them that get many compliments, it's the cheap $10 earrings that everyone loves!! I have a pair I bought at Six Flags years ago for $4 and I get compliments every single time I wear them!! Smiley Very Happy