Super Contributor

Mally's hand "demonstrations"

Have you noticed when Mally is acting as though she's rubbing the hand of the model with the makeup on her hand to demonstrate it won't come off, she isn't actually touching the makeup? Her fingers are not touching the makeup area and her hand is a bit cupped and off the skin, but she does it so quickly so you won't actually catch that.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Mally's hand ""demonstrations""

I have noticed this when she has drawn lines on her own hands and does this.

Esteemed Contributor

When I have seen her demonstrations it looks like she is touching it. I got the set of 10 eyeliners and I have done it for myself, drawing a line of each of the colors on the back of my hand. I let it set up for at least one minute and I have rubbed it good and hard and it does NOT come off.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

On 11/6/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

When I have seen her demonstrations it looks like she is touching it. I got the set of 10 eyeliners and I have done it for myself, drawing a line of each of the colors on the back of my hand. I let it set up for at least one minute and I have rubbed it good and hard and it does NOT come off.

I agree. Sometimes I've wiped the eye liner on my hand before applying to my lids, and when I'm done I could not get it off my hand. Even with a wet rag. I had to scrub so hard my hand was red afterwards. Same for her shadows in the tubes - they simply do not budge!

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/6/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

I agree. Sometimes I've wiped the eye liner on my hand before applying to my lids, and when I'm done I could not get it off my hand. Even with a wet rag. I had to scrub so hard my hand was red afterwards. Same for her shadows in the tubes - they simply do not budge!

Her liners and shadows are really great IMO. I have always had a problem with liners smudging, especially as I live in NC and the summers are brutal and almost all liners smudge and run. I have been using Bobbi Brown gel liners for at least 10 yrs and always thought these were the best but Mally's liners work just as well for me.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

How bulletproof? I tested the pencils on my hand and I took a bath in the evening. I forgot all about it and the next day, in the evening I looked at my hand and bwah! The pencil was still there.

Regular Contributor

I love Mally's eyeliner. It's the only one I can wear on my lower lashline that stays put without looking like a raccoon a few hours later. My eyes are sensitive but her eyeliner does not irritate my eyes at all.
Honored Contributor

Me, too .... it really does NOT rub off!

If Mally is drawing lines and then instantly rubbing, I think it's ok to not touch the makeup ..... she just isn't allowing for the "setting" ..... because it DOES stay on, after it sets.

I don't think she's being unethical with this part of the demo. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Trusted Contributor

I totally agree with Tinkrbl44 and the others. They don't come off of me for a day or more unless I use a makeup remover or scrub extremely hard. I think the OP is confused. They wear like iron !!

Mally wouldn't stand there and try to lie to us. What would it prove if we could do the same at home and prove her wrong? I think someone just doesn't care for her.