Super Contributor

Mally's model she uses for mascara...like right now.

This girl she likes to use to demonstrate for her voluminous mascara looks ridiculous with her very long "spider" lashes.

She usually uses this blonde model, but her lashes aren't normal in the first place. The two coats of mascara make her look freaky.

My brother had lashes like hers, and he constantly had to cut them as they brushed against his glasses when he blinked and it drove him crazy !

She needs to trim hers a little if Mally is going to draw them out that far.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Mally's model she uses for mascara...like right now.

I agree. My husband walked into the room while I was watching QVC and he said, "Oh my goodness, that girl looks ridiculous."
Super Contributor

Don't mistake me now. I LOVE long, luscious lashes, and I love Mally's mascara ! But this one model has the most freaky lonest lashes after coating them with mascara ! Her bottom lashes along are twice as long as my uppers !

They do look like spider legs when, as tonight, she wore no eye shadow, liner or any color. Just the long , dark lashes. It was so odd looking. They were touching up in her eyebrows.

Trusted Contributor

There is no better makeup on the planet. The model has enormous, long lashes. Why does she deserve criticism for something she was born with. Every vendor clamors to use her to demonstrate their eye products. She's beautiful. People buy fakes and glue them onto their eyelids to approximate her look. I have eyelashes that touch my brows too. They still need great thickening mascara . And I only have to use one coat. One fast coat and I'm moving out the door. It will last all day without becoming dry and spiky .They're soft, pliable . They don't stick together if I happen to wipe my eyes. I don't get ftags of tissue glued to the sticky mess of other supposedly non drying mascaras. It nourishes rather than drying my lashes out and I do not see flakes of broken lash falling onto my cheeks during the day. It's perfection. These are the important points of this presentation.

Why is it that some search for something to criticize in every thing of beauty, to diminish it as though that elevates them? It only shines light on pervasive bitterness, envy and unfounded, uncontrolled hostility.

I respect Mally more than any other vendor QVC has. Many of the fine vendors have left in droves. Mally consents to perform at 01:00 , the middle of the night , for two straight hours when the rich and famous are clamoring for her work. And she's uplifting, sparkling engrossing. She's mesmerizing, a joy to watch whether your intent is to buy or not.

If she promises performance, the products do exactly what she says. There are products she has developed I wouldn't touch from anyone else because she has that rare quality of integrity and pours it into her work.

Mally, you go girl!

Super Contributor

Just to clarify a bit - Mally has said several times that she uses this particular model, and the dark haired girl who also has crazy long lashes, to demonstrate how "far" you "could" go with her mascara, but that no one really would "in real life." It's for demonstration purposes only. She jokes that she could make those lashes go up past the eyebrows if she wanted to, but doesn't want to scare anyone. She, by no means, advocates this for everyday customer use.
Super Contributor

CoG, you can get off of your high horse. You have taken my one point and made a total case out of it. I said I LOVE and USE Mally's products. I love Mally.

I didn't "pick out this one girl" and decide to bitterly attack her. My goodness, what DRAMA !!

Do you people drink at night ?

I said her eyelashes are like my brother's and they drove him crazy. When they fill her eye's with two coat's and the camera did a close up her lashes looked HUGE tonight. Abnormally long and thick. It did look like the legs of a spider.

Also, you changed the point of your case! It wasn't about Mally or the quality, grade,

popularity , or usage of her products.

(Matter of fact, when I was in medical school, they advised that lashes that long be trimmed about a quarter of an inch for hygiene purposes,ha ! )

Without mascara, the model still has longer lashes than most, but fully loaded tonight with no other makeup on they looked liked black spider legs.

You can blow up with indignant righteousness all you want, seems like you are looking for a fight yourself ! You are silly and hostile.

I'm not about to go there with you. You are being credulous. {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

BTW, I never once said that the model herself was unattractive. Don't dig for an argument, it doesn't become you.

Esteemed Contributor

I would love to have those long lashes!!!

Honored Contributor

On 10/16/2014 colliegirls said:

I would love to have those long lashes!!!

ITA

I think they look fabulous!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 10/16/2014 LoveMyBassetHounds said: I agree. My husband walked into the room while I was watching QVC and he said, "Oh my goodness, that girl looks ridiculous."

My husband had a similar reaction to that same model wearing spidery looking mascara a while back. He made the mistake of wandering through the room at the wrong moment and got mildly traumatized. I had a lot of fun getting him to stay and watch with me for a little bit and enjoying his reactions.

That model may have lucky genes or use rapidlash or some such potion. Elizabeth Taylor had something similar I think. A natural double set of lashes. Either way, if I were so blessed, I'd just get my lashes dyed regularly and avoid mascara to keep from freaking out all the menfolks.

But if the girl can make good money modeling mascara and we beauty buyers just take her example as an extreme result, good for her!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Super Contributor

I agree it was a horrible look. But I also think that her mascaras are great and don't necessarily create that look on everyone