Super Contributor

Mally July TSV...Just Got It

I received my tsv today and am not sure what to think of it yet. The lipstick barely shows up on me, it is a soft rose pink shade. I was really excited to try the new foundation, not a lot of product in the compact. I do not know if I am applying the right amount yet, it says that you do not have to use a primer but it had no lasting power so I will try again tomorrow, the little brush that comes with is just that...little. Of course her mascara is in the kit, kinda tired of the mascara, wish she would insert something else in the kit, especially for the price. The little jar of sunshine included will last you forever, I have enough jars for an army and still have the pen version from previous kits. I do like the black navy liner, love the little brush on the end. I also like the eye smudge stick, the color is a rosy pink copper, if you can imagine that, lol. All in all I am not sure if I am keeping this, as I stated above I need to work on the application of the foundation. Hope this helps.

Super Contributor

Re: Mally July TSV...Just Got It

would you mind, pretty please, post the photo of the set. Thank you. Smiley Surprised)

Super Contributor

I am so sorry, I do not know how to post the photo, maybe someone else could but the item # A256850

Super Contributor

I know what you mean about the small amount of foundation in the compact. I bought the IT version of this and it was .34 oz. Mally's is about the same amount, .35 oz. I posted about the small amount of product in these components here. I'm thinking I will pass on Mally's TSV. If I really wanted the other items in her TSV, I think it would be worth it even though there isn't much foundation in the compact, but I don't need any of those items right now.

Super Contributor

You have a great point in your post Jayro, in fact, I wondered if this new foundation IS new, or, just an old formula in a little compact. I am not sure what this new foundation is supposed to do, I found I do need a setting powder or it will not last in the least bit. I am kinda getting tired of all these TSV's that have a bunch of recycled products in the kit, and just 1 and maybe a new color of a different component. I think it is hard to justify the pricing when the majority of the products are not new in the least. I used to buy every single TSV and keep all of them, and on auto delivery. I have noticed the quality of the kits seem to me like they have been going down month after month. I can't remember a TSV that has knocked my socks off lately. I guess the closest Mally TSv was the eye palette that just has expired

Contributor

I received a sample size of the drug store version that Amore Pacific sell at target. I didn't like it at all. It gave light coverage like a tinted moisturizer and felt tacky even after putting Elf HD powder on. I used a primer with it. I couldn't wait to wash my face. I am talking about the foundation BTW.
Super Contributor

Mally Simple Steps to a U,You Love 7 Pc Collection

Honored Contributor

the only Mally product that has worked for me is the volumizing mascara; I think the rest of her line might be designed for younger skin.

Super Contributor

NOTHING in her line works for me. I tried mascara, eye-liner, foundation, and a handful of other stuff.

Regular Contributor

My kit came yesterday. Just opened it. The Medium shade looks dark to me. I always order medium but I'm light/med in some of the other lines.

The instructions for the foundation say to use the brush for light coverage and use the sponge/puff for more coverage. Start on the outside of the face and work your way to the center of the face.

I need to try it and see just how dark it is. It might be like BE Ready and looks dark in the compact but goes on lighter. I hope so.