Super Contributor

I am new to Mally's product line and am loving everything so far! I am curious, however, as to her foundation shades and whether they have tendency to run dark or light. The color blocks for the new foundation in July's TSV look dark. I am between a fair and light on most foundations. I use light in IT celebration powder foundation and it is a tad darker than I would like. I use light in IT CC cream and it is a good match. Any insight is appreciated!

Honored Contributor

If you have an Ulta store in your area, give them a call and see if they carry the Mally line in the local store. If so, you can swatch there and then buy from QVC when they have a Mally TSV or a brush included.

My local Ulta carries Mally, It Cosmetics, Tarte, Bare Minerals, and Laura Geller. I've been burned a few times and no longer buy a foudation from QVC unless I can get a match at a local store. If the product is a QVC exclusive for a few months, I'm happier waiting than buying a product I can't use and QVC will ding me for if I return "too many" items. I use quote for "too many" because I've never seen any kind of notice from QVC giving a concrete number or percentage of returns before someone gets a warning letter.

Super Contributor

Thank you for the Ulta suggestion. I was curious if anyone who might use the foundations and colors I mentioned in my original post could advise as to which color they use in Mally's foundations. The problem is I want to preorder the Mally TSV for July and the foundation is a new launch, so Ulta won't have it. I would be so grateful if some Mallynista's can chime in on the foundation colors they wear and if they use IT Cosmetics Foundations as well and the comparable Mally shades. Also how the foundations wear (do the oxidize, wear factor, yellow/orange, etc). Thank you!

Super Contributor
Mally's foundations run very yellow as does Tarte. The entire Mally line as far as the color spectrum is concerned run to the warmer tones including the pink shades. My complexion is light to medium light with pink undertones the only QVC foundation that works for me is the blending of two colors from Bare Minerals.
Trusted Contributor

I am very fair-skinned and find Mally's foundations to run a bit dark for me.

However, I finally found one of hers that matches my skin color very well. It's the Visible Skin Adjustable Coverage Foundation. It's a powder. Other than that, her liquids don't work well for me at all.

Valued Contributor

From what you have described I would consider myself similar to you in skin tone. I go fair with Mally foundation. Her foundation is really yellow. Sometimes the fair works and sometimes it doesn't. The light is usually too dark and yellow for me.

Honored Contributor

I'm an NW10 in MAC IF MAC made that shade; their lightest shade is too dark. None of Malays foundations work for me and appear to run darker and yellow.

I can't use Tarte or IT Cosmetics either as their lightest shades in all foundations/powders is 2 shades too dark.

Respected Contributor

I just got my July TSV from Mally with her new foundation, love it. I am a light medium leaning much more to the light side. I got light, was leery since I have heard her foundation run dark, yellow or orange, not in this one. My light is perfect for me, no yellow, very neutral and is very buildable(read post on Mally TSV).

this is a first for me with her foundation. I have dry sensitive skin and this works for me but of course we are all so very different. Maybe this one is different in other ways, maybe not so orange or dark as some have found in her other foundations, don't know since this is a first for me.

If it helps at all, I got the IT TSV in light and this is lighter than that, looks much nicer on me and isn't as heavy. I got the IT TSV on AD as I did this one but will now cancel the IT AD.

Respected Contributor

I like everything in this July TSV Mally kit, think it will be the 29 th as a TSV.

I don't wear primer but today I did use the under eye primer and think anyone that uses or needs these will like this one, goes on very easy, smooth, no tugging and takes just a tiny bit. Really brightens up the under eye area. I will use this when I don't get enough sleep, lol, very nice.

I really like the foundation although today I did use my Real Techniques expert face brush which was perfect for putting this on, more control and used a lot less. Very natural look and my skin feels and looks great, not cakey or madeup and certainly not at all heavy which is a big plus for me. This foundation comes with a sponge and a tiny brush, tiny brush is good for around the eye area as well as the nose area and doesn't apply as much foundation as the sponge does BUT I will be using my Real Techniques expert face brush to apply this foundation, perfect.

The crayon type shadow is very soft, almost a soft mink brown which goes on smoothly and looks natural, would go for anyone I would think. I don't always wear shadow but Always wear liner but this shadow is nice, nice color, nice texture and gives the lids an even tone if you need that.

Normally I don't wear or like dark or deep color eye liners but today I used this new navy/black with a light hand than using the brush on the other end(nicer than those sponge tip smudge ends) went over the liner, worked great, gives a sort of smokey eye effect that looked good. You can get a soft smokey look or a deep sultry smokey look depending on how light or dark you apply the liner. I also used this on the lash line(sometimes I do the water line), also looked good. You also get a pencil sharpener.

I really like the soft rose/pink color of the lipstick)French Kiss) as well as the feel and texture when on and going on, very nice neutral color and soft looking but a definite color that's for sure, very nice. I really like this color.

I didn't use the mascara yet only because this is the mascara I already have and wear anytime I wear mascara, is my favorite mascara, natural looking, volume mascara but also natural looking, not those fake looking spider eyes which I don't like and doesn't flake. For me I wear Either eye liner OR mascara but not both, just me.

So, for me anyway, glad I went on AD for this kit, really like everything in it.

Super Contributor
On 7/12/2014 doglover3 said:

I just got my July TSV from Mally with her new foundation, love it. I am a light medium leaning much more to the light side. I got light, was leery since I have heard her foundation run dark, yellow or orange, not in this one. My light is perfect for me, no yellow, very neutral and is very buildable(read post on Mally TSV).

this is a first for me with her foundation. I have dry sensitive skin and this works for me but of course we are all so very different. Maybe this one is different in other ways, maybe not so orange or dark as some have found in her other foundations, don't know since this is a first for me.

If it helps at all, I got the IT TSV in light and this is lighter than that, looks much nicer on me and isn't as heavy. I got the IT TSV on AD as I did this one but will now cancel the IT AD.

Thank you so much for writing! I was nervous too going with the light. I actually purchased the light and the fair but went to Ulta as someone suggested and canceled the fair. I'm so happy it is lighter than the IT Light. Hopefully this will work as well for me doglover!