Honored Contributor

Mally Perfect Prep Or Lip Defender Pencil

I saw the Perfect Prep Pencil and wondered aside from it having color what is the difference between the Lip Defender Pencil which is clear. I'm on wait list for the Defender so I didn't order the Perfect Prep. Do you think they do the same thing?TIA
Regular Contributor

Re: Mally Perfect Prep Or Lip Defender Pencil

I have the Lip Defender Pencils and love them. I like that they are clear because I like to wear very light colored glosses. I also use them alone. From looking at the description of the two, I think the difference is the "defender" part, you know like her face "defender" and so forth. I can't see where that is in the Perfect Prep. Perfect seems more like a lip pencil to me, where the lip defender is more like a primer per say to put lip liners and glosses over it and have more of a staying power. I love Mally's "defender" products and can't imagine being with out them. To me there is a huge difference in my makeup after putting on her face defender. I am glad you are wait list for the lip defender because they are not offering them now. Not sure if this even helped, I am not a beauty expert just my experience from using the product. If you look at the picture below they are very different looking, the defenders are big and fat and the perfect prep look like small liners.

Mally Lip Defender Pencil DuoMally Perfect Prep Lip Pencil Duo

for beauty products - I am 54, blue eye's, very fair. Skin is normal, but prone to eczema patches.
Honored Contributor

Re: Mally Perfect Prep Or Lip Defender Pencil

Thanks nicky221 for the reply. I hope I actually get the pencils because I have had my wait list orders cancelled in the past. I think the pencil being clear won't conflict with a color you would put over it. The prep pencils seem like you could use them alone if you chose to.