Honored Contributor

How Are Your Shadow Sticks Holding Up

I've complained about these before and need to again. I find that the caps and tubes get cracks in them. I'm not abusive to my makeup so I don't think it's anything I am doing wrong. Also I find that the stick can slide right out of the tube and doesn't seem anchored. Also I'm not too thrilled with most of the colors I have anymore, they are too dark and shimmery. I 'm ready to move on from these.
Respected Contributor

Re: How Are Your Shadow Sticks Holding Up

My shadow sticks are holding up. They are from previous kits that I have purchased. My problem is that many are just too dark. I even have a Shimmery Silver one. Never figured out what to do with that one. I would love a less expensive alternative. A drug store brand would be nice. Suggestions anyone.

jordan2 ~ thanks for this thread.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

My older ones are great and when applied they last all day. I bought some in Nov. or Dec. in a set and I returned them as they did not seem to be the same quality.

Respected Contributor

I have several (some older, some newer) and have never had a problem with any of them. The tubes and caps are all fine. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

If you find them too dark try applying them with a very light touch and using your finger to smooth them out. I can go lighter or darker with these, it's all in the application. Favorite shades are Saddle Shimmer, Taupe and there's a brown one I like that I can't remember the name of.

Contributor

I haven't had any issues with them closing or breaking...sorry yours are not, jordan2 {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Mistic...mally does a look from her I love color palette with a shimmery silver on the lid, bronzy brown in the crease and under lashes, and liner in navy. maybe you could try the silver on your lid with some blues or charcoal grey? I bet if you emailed or fb, mally or her team could give you some suggestions.

I love these colors as they are not flat. shimmer (not glitter) really livens up my brown eyes. some of my faves are: sunlight, champagne, taupe, dusk, rosy taupe, firework, saddle shimmer, and basic brown to line my lower lashline. I also have purple rain, shimmering lilac, gunmetal, plum (maybe a few more, lol). I want to get antique taupe (I think that's the name), topaz, angel shimmer, twilight, and camo (to name a few!)... I also have my eye on the special edition eye-amplifying set A236028...the swatched colors are GORGEOUS!

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't had any problems. I hope never do. I love them! I have two sets.

Still... if there is a drug store brand like Misic suggested, I'd like to know too.

I do a light hand and smudge on the darker colors too. They'll probably last forever that way, lol.

Respected Contributor

lovelylinda ~ Thanks for the tip on the silver. I will check it out.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

On 2/5/2014 Mistic said:

My shadow sticks are holding up. They are from previous kits that I have purchased. My problem is that many are just too dark. I even have a Shimmery Silver one. Never figured out what to do with that one. I would love a less expensive alternative. A drug store brand would be nice. Suggestions anyone.

jordan2 ~ thanks for this thread.

I use the taupe for my everyday work look. It's not too dark at all.

Honored Contributor

I guess it's just me! I swear I don't throw them around and don't know why so many of them have cracks in them.

Super Contributor

I love the Taupe, it's my go-to color, but I wish she would offer more colors without all the shimmer. I find I am liking a more matte look now.