Super Contributor

Hi beauties,

I would really like to keep my nails manicured in the New Year and was thinking of trying Mally gel nails. I would like a nice neutral color but not anything too pale. Can anyone suggest a color I might like?

iachick

Valued Contributor

Take a look at Sensationail by Nailene. Same system for about $50. Walmart, Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc, carry it. Very good swatches on the Sensationail website. http://www.sensationail.com/

Super Contributor

Do you think gel nails are really, really safe ? I keep reading, hearing and seeing on TV that they believe they can cause cancer, which I have already had once, so naturally I'm a bit shy about taking the plunge. Do any of you have any insight or information about this ? Thanks !

Valued Contributor

hope-Q observations, no cancer insights

These 2 systems are LED cured, so there is no UV exposure. However, LED cures are more difficult to remove, so 15-20 min soaking nails in acetone.

CND markets a brand called Vinylux, a 2-step, color and high shine top coat, no light, that is chip resistant for several days. I've found it on Amazon and eBay. Removes like conventional polish.

Regular Contributor
I use it and have for several months, like a year, and love it! Get many comments and My nails last about 2+ weeks!