Dooney & Bourke
39 Members and 17631 Guests Online

Mally

Did ya see what Mally & Pat did this morning at the 8:00 TSV presentation?

Started 1373026207.493 in Mally | Last reply 1373661676.04 by Cardamom
Pat held up one of the Auto Delivery pallets that is coming in the fall. Very pretty colors. Wish they would say if it's gonna be the same for In the Buff 2 & I Love Color.

auburn hair, brown eyes, med. complexion, 50 and fabulous. BE addict over 15 yrs.

Page 1 of 1
NewNail1373030446.1732165 PostsRegistered 10/31/2011Los Angeles, CA
Makup nut ... Yes, the upcoming AD palette will be the same no matter which one you initially order.

Persephonel1373030526.232214 PostsRegistered 9/11/2011
I was confused as well, lyn said it would be the same kit for both.

Fair, brown hair, blue eyes. Ageless
"But now, we must pick up every piece, of the life we used to love, just to keep ourselves at least, enough to carry on..." By Neutral Milk Hotel

HappyDaze1373058008.34317389 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012

Mally answered on my post in the blog and has said in a few of the presentations that both the in the buff and I love color will have the SAME A/D palettes.

sahmIam1373058376.041210 PostsRegistered 9/25/2005

Am I the only one that will NOT go through that entire palette by October? I thought it would be a different palatte. Guess I'll cancel the AD and just do a one-time purchase.

HappyDaze1373058569.36717389 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012
On 7/5/2013 sahmIam said:

Am I the only one that will NOT go through that entire palette by October? I thought it would be a different palatte. Guess I'll cancel the AD and just do a one-time purchase.

you are misunderstanding- the auto delivery palettes WILL be different than either the In the buff or the I love color. What we are saying is that both auto deliveries of I love color and in the buff will have the same colors in their subsequent palettes.

sahmIam1373154486.1331210 PostsRegistered 9/25/2005

Lol. It took me reading another thread to find that out. Thank you though. : )

GreenEyedG­irl1373634035.9372143 PostsRegistered 11/19/2007Beautiful Maryland

I came on here trying to figure this out too:

I ordered both In the Buff 2 & I Love Color - both on auto-delivery.

I assumed that in the next delivery, I would get another, different neutral paeltte, and another, different color palette.

Do I understand that this is wrong? Both In the Buff & I Love Color A/D buyers will get the same colorful palette? So we should NOT be on a/d for both kits...

Help! {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

"It's never too late to be who you were meant to be."

Cardamom1373634246.26993 PostsRegistered 6/24/2006
On 7/12/2013 GreenEyedGirl said:

I came on here trying to figure this out too:

I ordered both In the Buff 2 & I Love Color - both on auto-delivery.

I assumed that in the next delivery, I would get another, different neutral paeltte, and another, different color palette.

Do I understand that this is wrong? Both In the Buff & I Love Color A/D buyers will get the same colorful palette? So we should NOT be on a/d for both kits...

Help! {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Yes, you should not be on AD for both kits or you will be sent two of the same palattes. There is a photo of the Oct. pallate in the Mally PJ Party thread. It's pretty and a mix of both neutrals and colors.

Last edited on 7/12/2013

Last edited on 7/12/2013

GreenEyedG­irl1373638453.1832143 PostsRegistered 11/19/2007Beautiful Maryland

Thank you, Cardamom!

I better cancel one of my auto-deliveries!

Does the picture show the eye pencil colors coming next shipment?

~G

Cardamom1373638560.7336993 PostsRegistered 6/24/2006
On 7/12/2013 GreenEyedGirl said:

Thank you, Cardamom!

I better cancel one of my auto-deliveries!

Does the picture show the eye pencil colors coming next shipment?

~G

No. And none of the hosts or Mally said what they would be but Mally said they would be different. I am hoping for a grey. I also hope she does a new book of looks.

GreenEyedG­irl1373639092.622143 PostsRegistered 11/19/2007Beautiful Maryland

Thank you, Cardamom!

Which did you get, and are you liking the looks she suggests?

I got both (brat) but I've only opened the neutral.

The first day I used the plum-teal color and contoured w/ the darkest end color. It looked very nice, but did not last all day. I don't think I'm impressed with her eye primer.

I used the black eyeliner pencil on the top lid, and the plum under the bottom lashes. Oh, they're so creamy and nice!

Yesterday I used the first example she shows for the neutrals. I wasn't crazy about it. I do love the colors, but I'd do them differently, and not soften the the liner with such a light color.

Today, I used her second example. Liking this one better.

I'm experimenting with her eye primer on one eye, and Laura Geller's Eye Spackle on the other, to see if the problem of it not lasting is in her primer, or her eyeshadows.

I haven't opened the mascara yet, but I KNOW it's wonderful. The under eye brightener is OK. A little more light (and yellow based) and runny than I'm used to. I do have dark circles under my eyes so I've had success with Urban Decay's under eye pencil and then I pat on Mally's - whatever that 2-piece under eye kit she has is - I have some of the white powder left, so I pat than on top of the UD, just to set it. That does a better job of brightening under my eyes than this new highlighter, but maybe this is meant for someone who barely has any under eye circles.

How have you enjoyed yours so far?

Cardamom1373640509.6036993 PostsRegistered 6/24/2006

You are welcome GreenEyedGirl. I got the Buff and I am loving it! I too love those liners. I think they are the best liners I have ever used! I think I am going to get the color pallate as well. I am sending back the set of 5 lipglosses today. The TSV was only $15 more than the lip glosses. I am so mad at myslef for not getting the colored pallate and buying those lip glosses. {#emotions_dlg.crying}. They are way over priced and not good IMO.

I am embarrased to admit the first day I got these I washed my face 3 times to try different looks! {#emotions_dlg.blush}. I am liking weekend simple. I liked the polished on Jill but it was just too brown for me. Brown brown brown everywhere. She has brown eyes though. I know this palate is brown but on my green eyes I like the brown mixed with taupe, silver or gold. I love that gold color! I think I used that on the date night look. The colors all seem to go together so I will probably keep following the directions but adding a slight color if the whole look is brown. What do you think? I assume you have green eyes too.

I think my favorite look was when I used Maybeline Tattoo Tough as Taupe shadow on my lid then applied Mally's colors over it. It gave a nice pigmented depth and it is bulletproof too. Wink. I love this color.

Yesterday I wore it all day and it really does have great staying power. I am in the Weekend Simple now. I have been using eye spackle and I used to love it. My newest eye spackle doesn't seem as dry and actually kind of oily so it does not have the staying power. Let me know though how it does. I have a ton of LG shadows so I was going to try those with Mally's primer. ITA I think the yellow cream is okay. I LOVE Laura Geller's Dream Cream concealor. For me there is nothing better.

I haven't opened the mascara either. I have 2 open now. This was my first Mally purchase. I love the TSV, the Glow primer is pretty good and the lip glosses were not. LG's spackle gives me cystic acne.

Glad you are loving yours too!

ETA Well, now I don't know. I looked in the mirror and I looked really tired in the Weekend Simple. I added some black eyeliner and that was better. I didn't use the Tough as Taupe today so I have to go back to that for this weekend look.

Last edited on 7/12/2013

Last edited on 7/12/2013

GreenEyedG­irl1373644815.3372143 PostsRegistered 11/19/2007Beautiful Maryland

Cardamom,

I wish I had my booklet with me so I could look up what those "looks" look like (?) That was SOME sentence! haha.

I don't remember what mine were called - Daytime Simple, maybe - the one I didnt care for - the eyeshadow was not bad (and I love that Spun Sugar (?) eyeshadow shade) but going over the eyepencil with more of the same shade of eyeshadow, kind of defeated the purpose of the eyeliner, in my opinion, and it didnt look that great. I'm so used to eyeliner..

Today's is Work or Professional something or other - the 2nd one in order. It's neat to try her ideas - some will work and be cool new ideas - and some may not be our taste.

If you go to youtube and search "Tutorial Mally In the Buff 2" you may get a few videos w/ more ideas you may like. I remember when I got UDNAKED for xmas 2 years ago, I was so overwhelmed (and I was not used to neutrals/browns) so I youtubed tutorials for it - which is how I found EmilyNoel83 who is a YT guru who I love to watch! I liked her ideas on that palette the best.

If you're overwhelmed w/ too much brown, you can stick to using the dark browns as a contour color in your crease, and use the lighter ones on the lid... and/or if you DO use the browns, it's perfectly fine to pop a bright teal eyeliner under your bottom lashes or whatever. (or less of a POP - maybe a purple) - I have a girlfriend who always wears browns and golds and she's always adding just a bit of teal - and it looks good!

With my green eyes, I love purples, plums and taupes the best!

What do you think makes YOUR green eyes look best?

If you don't watch youtube videos - check them out - they are so helpful and great for tips, trick and new ideas! Let me know if you want to know who all I follow.

Smile

Cardamom1373661676.046993 PostsRegistered 6/24/2006

Thanks GreenEyedGirl. I recognize EmilyNoel from a Mally review. I did not check to see all her tutorials before. I just watched one so I will check out more. I love youtube too.

On my green eyes I love grey. From light silver to dark charcoal. Kiss

Page 1 of 1