Super Contributor

Anyone put LOGO in the dryer?

Has anyone put their LOGO in the dryer and had it come out OK? I know her tops can be machine washed, but then they are supposed to be laid flat to dry. I was wondering if some of her things are OK to put in the dryer on low without shrinking or shredding. If so, did you do this with her rayon/span or some other blend? TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone put LOGO in the dryer?

i usually put them in the dryer, inside out, and dry for a short time. i then hang them to finish drying. i have not had a problem with shrinkage.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

The dryer weakens any fabric .... I would advise against it unless you only wear clothes for one or two seasons. Mine from 2011 are in pristine condition due to Woolite and lay flat drying. A steamer removes wrinkles. Unless you want to shrink a Logo item due to sizing issues, just once .... that's the only justification for any dryer usage.
Valued Contributor

I have a two piece top, tank and loose cowl neck 3/4 sleeve which I paid almost $60 and it got really short and wide from just spinning it 15 minutes. I can't wear it anymore as odd length now as the short parts hit right above my stomach and right on top of my backside.

Very disappointed for what I paid for it. I now wash my other tops on gentle and hang to dry.

Honored Contributor

I wash on cold. I never put in dryer.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

Thanks for the responses. I guess I'll keep hanging them to dry. Tossing in the dryer would have been so much easier, but given the price, I don't want to ruin my pieces.

Contributor

I have several LOGO pieces. I wash them with other LOGO like fabrics in cold water and always place them in the dryer on medium heat. No problems. Love my LOGO.

Honored Contributor

I have a couple of tops that are size medium instead of small so I do put them in the dryer for a coule of minutes but I don't dry them all the way. The other logo tops I have I do not put in the dryer, hang to dry instead.

Valued Contributor

I put the cotton knit/cotton woven tanks in the dryer and was surprised that they shrank from side to side and in length. I was fine with that as they were much too big under the arm and I was ok to lose a little length. Manufacturers often have the fabric dyers pre-wash cotton and linen to increase softness or draping and reduce shrinkage. Clearly, these fabrics are not pre-washed so their shrinkage is unpredictable. I have one of Lori's early rayon knit tops and it has no pilling or roughness at all. It is also a bit heavier. The dryer and older washers with agitators or other garments with zippers are hard on the rayons so hang dry or dry flat is the safest method.

Honored Contributor

I find they pill when put in the dryer.