Frequent Contributor

I'm probably gonna be in time-out for saying this....

I DO love Lori's designs - just have one piece ( the TSV vest from last year) but I can't justify the prices. Especially when I can go to Marshalls or TJ Maxx and find similar styles without the heftier price tags. I find her styles to be a bit trendy (and dont get me wrong - I love to be on trend) and would rather pay less for the trendy pieces. I find I can recreate her looks at maybe 1/2 the price. And still look good.

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm probably gonna be in time-out for saying this....

I understand completely! I might like some particular items but then I think -- no, that's too much. I will then do the same as you - browse local stores --- and generally speaking, I can find pretty much the same thing for way cheaper. And yes, Marshall's is awesome. It's my new favorite store!!! I have always loved TJ's, but I don't have one really near me. Most of us do have to watch our $$$$! We may like to be a little trendy, but we still have to be sensible for the most part.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

ITA

There are a couple of pieces of hers I would like, but if they don't work = $10 or so to try on and return. The prices are rather high but if I found on piece that worked, I might go for it.

I like the basic top with the pockets and there is a similar cardigan.

Trusted Contributor

yep, if you want to wear something that will be out of style when the trend is over, there are lots of places to find tops with the same look and same material. She didn't invent the fabric

Burlington Coat Factory often has those tops for about $12, 6pm is another place that brings in many designer pieces that are being cleared out of Zappos warehouse for a whole lot less.

In general QVC charges a lot more than other retailers for the same thing. A LOT MORE.

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

I agree that Lori's prices have gone out of the ball park. (And I wear her clothes.) I'm definitely buying less.

Respected Contributor

Time out for being a savvy shopper? Not on my watch!

Honored Contributor

There have been a few LOGO pieces I have my eye on, but I'm not paying $70 or $80 for them.

I have a few tops of hers, but I don't need or even want a closet full of the same look.

Out in retail, I've seen similar tops, but they're not quite the same. Lori's chiffon is the best, IMO. She's generous with it.

Super Contributor

I have quite a bit of LOGO and have seen and tried on what's in the stores.

I'd rather buy LOGO and have fewer pieces than anything I've seen elsewhere. The look may be similar but the fabrics and construction are not similar.

Esteemed Contributor

OY VA,{#emotions_dlg.w00t} never mind!

Honored Contributor

On 3/7/2015 Kathleen said:

I have quite a bit of LOGO and have seen and tried on what's in the stores.

I'd rather buy LOGO and have fewer pieces than anything I've seen elsewhere. The look may be similar but the fabrics and construction are not similar.

ITA

Construction IS not similar.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"