Trusted Contributor

Logo sizing cotton vs rayon/french terry

I would like to order the upcoming tsv and not sure about sizing because I do not own any of the cotton(I am usually fine with an xs in the french terry and rayon blend except the last tsv ran small on me). CS told me the xs chest is 35.5 and the sm is 37 which is pretty typical of those sizes, but even going by those sometimes xs is too small and somtimes sm is too large. I recall some people saying the rayon and cotton run differently (perhaps due to stretch?). I always cold wash and hang to dry all my LOGO so not concerned about shrinkage. Any input from people that own both fabrications is appreciated. TIA!!!

Super Contributor

Re: Logo sizing cotton vs rayon/french terry

My return ratio for LOGO is 2:1 due to size inconsistencies w/Lori's designs. But here is my rule of thumb for ordering after years of trial & error .... I'm 138 lbs. 37" bust, 5'4": ~Rayon/span. top or cardi = XS ~Cotton only or cotton w/span. = S (due to lack of stretch.) ~French terry lounge wear cardi = S (sleeve circumference must be 31.5" in order to layer.)
Trusted Contributor

Thanks so much blueLagoon. I've pretty much given up on clothing from the Q due to sizing issues but I do love the few pieces of Logo I do own.
Valued Contributor

I agree. The rayon/span runs big! Very big! I order a size small in rayon/span, and a medium in French terry (hoodies), and I ordered a medium in the March TSV (100% cotton).

I am excited to get the March TSV. It looks really nice!

Trusted Contributor

Enjoy your new tops mtnbikegirl!! So many pretty colors, but I am liking the black and white most. I suspect I will size up but will try to wait until some reviews show up. Let us know what you think when yours arrive. Thanks
Valued Contributor

n 2/15/2015 equss said: Enjoy your new tops mtnbikegirl!! So many pretty colors, but I am liking the black and white most. I suspect I will size up but will try to wait until some reviews show up. Let us know what you think when yours arrive. Thanks

Thanks equss! I ordered the March TSV in the purple-like color ( I'm not sure of the name), and I will let you know about sizing and everything as soon as I receive it-promise!! The aqua-ish color is really pretty too!!

Esteemed Contributor

The rayon/span tops I definitely take a smaller size in- the french terry doesn't have the same give (same as the modal pieces) so it's more of a true size fit. What's the March tsv?

Honored Contributor

This upcoming TSV is 100% cotton. I usually stick with my regular brick and mortar size in 100% cotton Logo. In her rayon span..I go down one or two sizes. In the cotton/modal..I just go down one size. Her sizing is all over the map. I wish the upcoming TSV was a cotton/modal blend.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 2/15/2015 Mtnbikegirl said:
n 2/15/2015 equss said: Enjoy your new tops mtnbikegirl!! So many pretty colors, but I am liking the black and white most. I suspect I will size up but will try to wait until some reviews show up. Let us know what you think when yours arrive. Thanks

Thanks equss! I ordered the March TSV in the purple-like color ( I'm not sure of the name), and I will let you know about sizing and everything as soon as I receive it-promise!! The aqua-ish color is really pretty too!!

Please post your review on the size! I , too, am interested in that aqua one. It's so pretty.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

What's the March tsv?