Super Contributor

New TSV snap cardigan - love it but snap fell off! Help?

I just got the Lori Goldstein TSV Cardigan in the pink and I love it! I wore it for the first time today and when I went to unsnap the top snap, the back of the snap came off in my hand. I have both pieces. I was wondering if it could be fixed? Do you think a dry cleaners would have a snapping device to fix it? I hate to have to return it and wait to get another. Advise please!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New TSV snap cardigan - love it but snap fell off! Help?

If it's like the snaps I used when making men's shirts, there is a little device similar to plyers that you can purchase most anywhere that has sewing items. I would take the shirt and snap with me to see if the device would work for your particular snap prior to purchasing.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

I had a snap fall off a Susan Graver top...sent it back.

Honored Contributor

I would send it back. It's unlikely you could reset it in factory condition. You'd never be able to use that snap again. That's the trouble with snaps on garments.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I called customer service and they said they would exchange it with no problems. However, I am going to take it to a dry cleaners today to see if they can fix it. If not, I will exchange it for another one. I hope the other snaps don't do this as I love this piece!

Super Contributor

Went to dry cleaners today and she was not able to fix the snap. She did not have anything the same color and couldn't use the back that fell off. So, unfortunately, I will be sending my TSV snap cardigan back for a refund. I don't want to take the chance that it might happen again. Can anyone recommend a Logo cardigan or jacket that would be similar without the snaps??

Trusted Contributor

How about A259247, French terry cardi with a zipper?
Contributor

oh my goodness.... I got 5 of these cardigans and have had no problem with any of the snaps.... it is such a cute cardi, send it back and swap it and enjoy the thing. It is my most fav Lori top to date by a long way.

Super Contributor

On 1/17/2015 NHerPrime said:

oh my goodness.... I got 5 of these cardigans and have had no problem with any of the snaps.... it is such a cute cardi, send it back and swap it and enjoy the thing. It is my most fav Lori top to date by a long way.

Yes, I was thinking of that, but don't want to take the chance it will happen again. This is my first piece. I did read in the reviews that this happened to someone else as well. The dry cleaner could not fix it unless she replaced every snap as the back piece would not fit in her little snap machine. I don't want it to happen again after the 30 days so I am not willing to take a chance. All I did is unsnap it the very first time I wore it. It's on on the top snap so very noticeable. I will try another piece, but don't want to deal with the snaps again.

Super Contributor

On 1/17/2015 Beeweaver said:
On 1/17/2015 NHerPrime said:

Yes, I was thinking of that, but don't want to take the chance it will happen again. This is my first piece. I did read in the reviews that this happened to someone else as well. The dry cleaner could not fix it unless she replaced every snap as the back piece would not fit in her little snap machine. I don't want it to happen again after the 30 days so I am not willing to take a chance. All I did is unsnap it the very first time I wore it. It's on on the top snap so very noticeable. I will try another piece, but don't want to deal with the snaps again.

That's odd! I've had my applicator for so many, many years - it has attachments for various size snaps.