Not applicable

A236445 Cotton and cashmere sweater

Bought it last fall. Wore it about six times. Was hanging in closet. When I put it on today I found FOUR holes in it. It's too late to return it, but it is made of the cheapest material I've ever seen. You can see through it - and it's supposed to be a SWEATER. I am so very disappointed. I can't even donate it, because they don't take articles with holes in them.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A236445 Cotton and cashmere sweater

I have this sweater- plus a couple other LOGO cotton cashmere items. Love them! Cotton cashmere is a thinner knit- and for that reason I don't hang the garment. Where are the holes? You can always grab a stitch or two from the underside and close up the hole. That's the beauty of knits!

The charities I donate to take defective items- they can handle simple repairs like this for the needy families they support. Also many charities just shred up the material and make money recycling per pound.

You set up your nic just to post this thread?

Contributor

I bought one last winter. It fit well before it went into the wash. Yes, I washed it in cold water and it dried flat (took two days). It shrunk like crazy and pilled the very first washing.
Contributor

It's recommended the sweaters not be hung on hanger but be folded.