Trusted Contributor

RE: Asymmetrical and sharkbite hemlines ?

When the fashion trend changes, as it always eventually does, are you going to be comfortable continuing to wear all of your LOGO asymmetrical and/or sharkbite hemlines ?

Or will you pack them away or donate them, and move on to the next trend ?

Just curious what we all will do when it is no longer the "in vogue" thing anymore ?

Trend fashions do "date" your wardrobe.

~Happy Holidays!~

Respected Contributor

Re: RE: Asymmetrical and sharkbite hemlines ?

I'm not a fan of either of those hemlines. I find they drag down the line--make you look shorter and wider. They work on some people. I don't think they work on most people. So I don't buy them. Then, my closet won't have them to donate later!

Valued Contributor

The clothes I have bought lately all have a hem treatment or uneven hem. Once I started to wear that style I found out they are very flattering. I don't see them going out of fashion any time soon.

Respected Contributor

This reminds me of a tiered top I bought a few years ago. I loved it when I bought it, but after one season, I was tired of the look.

I find that classic styles in flattering colors last the longest in my wardrobe.

Once in awhile, I find a trend that works for me and wear it happily. I have several twist front tops; that's a trend. For some reason, the look is good on my figure. I'll wear them until they look too dated.

Super Contributor

I'll keep wearing them.

Uneven hems have been around for years and just happen to be a bit more popular. I'veworn tops, skirts and dresses with uneven hems (handkerchief / asymmetrical) for years! The "look" and "styling" might change ... but they are not new.

Thinking back ... it was probably in the late 70s that I made my first assymetrical top because I saw a Vogue pattern that I liked.

I just got some Spring pattern books ... and guesss what? There are some asymmetrical hems.

Trusted Contributor

They don't flatter everyone......but if you're one of those who likes the asymmetrical hemlines, you can keep and wear them as long as you like. Styles are less slavish and more fluid nowadays, and you'll usually see some off-beat cuts in every fashion year. You can change up the look by belting them, wearing them under jackets, with different types of bottoms, etc. No need to abandon your asymmetrical hems if you like them!

Honored Contributor

I have one multi-layered top in my closet. I'm thinking it's somewhere between 5 and 10 years old. I still like it and still wear it. Maybe what was once a fad is now a trend on its way to becoming a classic? I don't know nor care.

I don't plan ever to wear exaggerated layers or asymmetries. I like the version I have and I am not averse to trying on others as something catches my attention.

Super Contributor

I've been wearing layers and assymetrical garments for years. Eileen Fisher and Issey Miyaki were doing them in the early 1990's.

Frequent Contributor

I'll wear my leggings and tunics til the end of time! I love the assymetrical and sharkbite hemlines because I think they are so much more free, relaxed, and flattering styles. Regular tunics are boring....they are long and just STOP....no movement...I am a creative person (Musician) and I like to be an individual....these really suit my style....and I won't be told what to wear by any fashion magazine. Plus, they're INCREDIBLY comfortable and that is my #1 priority!

Respected Contributor

This trend seems to be picking up in popularity, but I know it is just a trend. Just like any, they will probably get phased out of my wardrobe as I get newer items and as they lose their perkiness (i.e. wear out).