Valued Contributor

Any Plus Size Women Who Wear Logo and What Would You

recommend? I am a 1x and would like to give Logo a try since it looks so comfy. However, because her tops seem to run long I was thinking it may make me look larger than I am. I have also seen reviews where people say they cling to the rear....oops not for me.

Any item #'s that you like?

TIA

Regular Contributor

Re: Any Plus Size Women Who Wear Logo and What Would You

I wear a large and I am very selective with what LOGO items I purchase. My first purchase was a top and it did not look good on me and it did cling and kept me from buying LOGO for a long time. I took a chance on a vest and I love it and I get compliments. Since then I have been able to look at the items and determine which ones are going flow away and not cling on me or make me look larger than I am. I am also careful of the hems because I don't think all the hemlines look good if you are large, I tend to go more for the straight hemlines. I also stick with the rayon/spandex fabric.

Here's my 2 favorite recommendations:

A251180 - Vest with Chiffon trim. I own this in black and I get compliments everytime I wear it. I think vests are slimming anyway but this one in particular because of the hemline. When I wear this the points don't stick out on the sides like it does in the photo, they actually drape forward a but and the effect is very flattering. I need to get this in some other colors. I usually wear a large but based on the item measurements I got a medium and it fits good.

A251893 - Elbow sleeve straight hem top. I have this in thistle and I wear this with the vest or just on its own. It flows away and doesn't cling on me and I love Lori's colors. I got the large in this and the fit is great.

Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

I hate it when someone says "plus size" or "1x" and tells us nothing about her body. As if every 1x had the same body. Since I don't know your height or your body build or anything about your legs; I can only tell you how LOGO fits my size L body. I'm 5'4" and I'm a 16/18, a QVC size Large. I have several of the LOGO tops. I do have an hourglass shape, flat belly and 38C bra size. But I have generous "booty" and generous thighs. The LOGO look isn't my best look but it's fun and and fashionable and I have added some pieces into my weeked wardrobe. The regular length tops really are too long for me, the petites work better for me. I don't wear skinny jeans and leggings but I do wear slim leg jeans. I don't layer as much as Lori does. I wear a LOGO top over a tank top with slim leg jeans on the bottom. I wear sandals or my nude flats. I wear scarves or long necklaces, hoop earrings. It has to to be a total look for me. And, yes, that layered look does add a few pounds to my frame. I won't lie about that. But I like the look. It's not a look that I would wear to work or wear often. It's just a nice change for me. As for clinging to your rear, I suspect that would only happen if your top is too small. There's a tendancy to go down a size but I don't think that's wise move. That style is supposed to be loose and if you try to get around it by sizing down; I think you would have some unwanted cling.

Super Contributor

On 8/22/2014 chrystaltree said:

I hate it when someone says "plus size" or "1x" and tells us nothing about her body. As if every 1x had the same body. Since I don't know your height or your body build or anything about your legs; I can only tell you how LOGO fits my size L body. I'm 5'4" and I'm a 16/18, a QVC size Large. I have several of the LOGO tops. I do have an hourglass shape, flat belly and 38C bra size. But I have generous "booty" and generous thighs. The LOGO look isn't my best look but it's fun and and fashionable and I have added some pieces into my weeked wardrobe. The regular length tops really are too long for me, the petites work better for me. I don't wear skinny jeans and leggings but I do wear slim leg jeans. I don't layer as much as Lori does. I wear a LOGO top over a tank top with slim leg jeans on the bottom. I wear sandals or my nude flats. I wear scarves or long necklaces, hoop earrings. It has to to be a total look for me. And, yes, that layered look does add a few pounds to my frame. I won't lie about that. But I like the look. It's not a look that I would wear to work or wear often. It's just a nice change for me. As for clinging to your rear, I suspect that would only happen if your top is too small. There's a tendancy to go down a size but I don't think that's wise move. That style is supposed to be loose and if you try to get around it by sizing down; I think you would have some unwanted cling.

I totally agree. I am also a 16/18 but I am 5'10". My weight is pretty evenly distributed, but I am 52 and I don't think for me Logo is flattering. I don't wear leggings or skinny jeans, I like straight leg jeans, but some of the tops are so long and loses I think they would make me look bigger.
Valued Contributor

Thanks for your help and I may try just a vest this time.

Sorry that I did not give a good description of the way my weight is distributed. I will say that from the waist down I am a size 16 but from the waist up, i need a 18/20

Super Contributor

LexPex, I'm 5'2 and a 1X. 90% of my closet is Logo. I wear leggings, but they are the thicker weight Women with Control and I size up so they aren't skin tight, I also wear slim leg jeans, again not skin tight. If a Logo piece is clinging, it's too small. The rayon/span fabric is soft and is supposed to have enough fabric to drape and flow. I wear the regular length tops, not the petites - they don't come to my knees.

Some of the styles I have multiple colors in are A233638, A214759, A230417, vest A251180 and the cardigan A231815.

It's like any new style - your eye has to get used to it. I don't think her styles make me look larger and I love the soft flow and movement of the styles. If you do try one, do get the right pants - tunics and boot cut jeans don't go well together.

I hope you try a LOGO piece.

Super Contributor

LexPex, I am a plus size - either 1x or 2x depending on how it's cut. I am more of the apple shape, where I carry my weight in the chest and tummy. I usually wear juniors' bottoms as I have no hips. {#emotions_dlg.huh}

I have only purchased 1 LOGO item, A252319, but I have it in 3 colors and just love it. Every time I wear one of them I get compliments. It it a bit more fitted on top - I went with my larger B&M size, not my normal Q size, and I'm glad I did. It fits great. I'm hoping to get at least one more color while it's still available!

Honored Contributor

When tops are too long they can actually make you look larger if you are a plus size. I am so sick of the shark bite tops. Too much of a trend for this woman. If she would design some straight hemline tops, I would consider purchasing. Her prices are too high for most of her tops.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I don't buy any of those shark bite tops because I carry my weight in my hips. I'm pear shaped and find that I look best in fitted clothes and not anything that is very long. I think it's a trend that will probably be out of style next year and her prices IMO are too high for trendy clothes. I know lots of ladies love her styles and can wear them, so wear them in good health.
Occasional Contributor

I am a 1x or 2x, and I have one of the Logo sweaters that was a TSV a few months back. I'm 5'2 and have an extremely large chest, so the effect is somewhat lost on me. I just look like I'm wearing a tent. I kind of like the TSV jacket, but I suspect it would look terrible on me.