Valued Contributor

Wondering if her rayon/spandex material pills. In the reviews there are many different opinions. Some say it pills after washing. For those of you who have washed her items, have you had this problem? I have 3 pieces made in this fabric, but haven't washed yet.

Frequent Contributor
I have way too many of the Logo pieces. :-). I wear a Logo item almost daily so they are washed often. I wash them inside out, cool or warm water, minimum detergent andfabric softener, on a gentle, or delicate or wrinkle resistant cycle, with a gentle spin cycle. I pretreat stains and my machine has a steam option for stainfighting that I used if there in a spill stain. I always wash these with similar weight fabric and color items...never with heavier items , like jeans or with items with fabrics that are fuzzy. ( IMHO washing light weight and heavy weight fabrics together is a disaster waiting to happen for the lighter weight items.) I usually put them in thedryer on air only or the very lowest heat setting for 5 to10 minutes tops and then hang to dry on "huggable hangers." I don't have wrinkle problems by doing this. I don't have a problem with my Logo pilling, but some of the pieces have changed a bit. The fabric softens. I have noticed this on the slub knit items, which maybe just the way that fabric washes. That happened with her latest TSV 2 piece set for me. I do not call that pilling which is what sweaters often do. That softer fabric look doesn't change the good look of the item for me. It is just what cottons and some other fabrics do to become our most comfortable items. Take care of your Logo and enjoy them! They are too expensive not to!!!
Super Contributor

I think I have a total of 14 pieces ... none of them pilled. I hand wash and dry flat.

Pilling is caused by friction/abrasion. As long as the fabric isn't rubbing against itself or something else (seatbelt? handbag? other clothes in washing machine?) you shouldn't have a problem

Super Contributor

I have not had any pilling with my LOGO pieces. I have a hand wash and a gentle cycle in my washing machine, so I started washing them inside out, cold in Woolite on hand wash or gentle (depending on how dirty they are-- if they have something like a makeup stain on them I wash on gentle- otherwise I wash them all on hand wash cycle) and then I will air tumble them dry for about 5 minutes (cool air only- no heat). Then lay flat to dry. I haven't had a problem with anything I have.

I think that many complaints about pilling, may be because ladies may be washing them on a different cycle in their machine, or using a detergent that is more harsh.

I can't imagine why some ladies have pilling problems and some don't. It has to be an issue with how they wash them, or detergent used.

Respected Contributor
I have a couple pieces and have not had any pilling. I don't put them in the dryer tho.
Respected Contributor
I have found that they pill. I wash them on the gentle cycle in cold and dry on low heat. My older pieces never pilled, but the fabric has changed, it seems.
Respected Contributor
On 7/12/2014 cosmic1 said: I have found that they pill. I wash them on the gentle cycle in cold and dry on low heat. My older pieces never pilled, but the fabric has changed, it seems.
Ah, I have the old ones..... No pilling. So no help on these new fabrics.Smiley Sad
Valued Contributor

Thank you so much to those who responded on how to wash these tops. This forum community is so helpful and am pleased to be able to participate/share as well as to ask questions. I will try as you recommended and keep my fingers crossed! Mia2

Super Contributor

My LOGO rayon/span pieces don't pill. I have some rayon/span pieces from another brand and it does pill. I wash all my rayon/span together (I have enough for at least one load a week - lol), on gentle, cool dryer for a few minutes, then hang to dry on huggable hangers. I don't find any difference in the "old" versus "new" fabrics. The LOGO layers line is a lighter weight than her regular line, to make less weight for layering.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info okiebug. This will help when washing.