Trusted Contributor

What did you ladies think of Lori Goldstein's fashion offerings on QVC's Friday night Red Carpet show? I thought both the tweed vest with beaded, bejeweled pockets and the elaborately beaded/embroidered peplum vest were different, interesting, and oh so gorgeous!

As is often the case, I didn't care for everything about how Lori chose to layer and present these items, but some aspects were very good, and I found the pieces stunning. The tweed jacket was understatedly glamorous and versatile; something one could wear in a million different ways. I will be very interested to see more about the hi-lo black dress with cream-colored border which was shown under the tweed vest. I believe Lori said the new dress will be presented Monday night.

I wish I thought Lori's styles would flatter the short/rounds among us, because I enjoy her playful, off-beat fashion sense. Unfortunately, I think most of her styles are best for the tall and slim.

http://www.qvc.com/LOGO-by-Lori-Goldstein-Summer-Tweed-Jacket-with-Beaded-Pockets.product.A240728.h...

Super Contributor

Re: Lori's Red Carpet Styles

The pieces themselves were gorgeous and elegant. The styling however......no comment.
Honored Contributor

Super Contributor

Lori looked her usual bag lady style. Not fit for the red carpet at all. You think she would have worn a dress or SOMETHING other than those horrible tight short pants and that baggy top she had on.

Honored Contributor

I bought the tweed jacket. I don't like how it was styled though. I did see the vest presentation. It's a gorgeous vest - but again, I don't like how it was styled.

Esteemed Contributor

I have to agree with both of you.

I often saw threads about Lori's style and I didn't understand them. But, I rarely actually watch and just purchase items online that I usually love. But, I recently caught a show and it was WOW eyeopening. Then, last night the model's looked horrible.

The individual items are very nice - i couldn't justify purchasing them. Can't wait for the reviews - I'm going to guess they will be good.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/1/2014 gazelle77 said:

Lori looked her usual bag lady style. Not fit for the red carpet at all. You think she would have worn a dress or SOMETHING other than those horrible tight short pants and that baggy top she had on.

I know what you mean; Lori's fashions and her own personal ensembles are nonconventional and eye-catching. Sometimes it's hard to decide if I'm looking at a creative tour de force or a train wreck. They will not appeal to people who prefer classic, predictable styles. I can't help it, though: I really like Lori and her playful sense of fashion. I think she's often over the top with her layering and the odd ways she combines pieces. But I always find it fun to see what she puts together, and she and her models always seem to be enjoying themselves. Many of her pieces are quite lovely on their own merits, IMO, including the gorgeous tweed jacket and vest on last night's Red Carpet show. Always a little off-beat, never boring. Interesting. Fun.

Honored Contributor

Lori is admittedly eclectic. She enjoys dressing the way she does. It works for her and her lifestyle.

I get tired of seeing her referred to as a bag lady because of how she chooses to dress. It's her style...

Occasional Contributor

On 3/1/2014 brii said:

Lori is admittedly eclectic. She enjoys dressing the way she does. It works for her and her lifestyle.

I get tired of seeing her referred to as a bag lady because of how she chooses to dress. It's her style...

ITA.

Trusted Contributor

I was interested in the tank top one of the models wore with the vest. Lori was wearing it also, though she had sleeves (probably another layer of something I could not see. Looked like interesting embroidery/sequins??? on that tank. No mentioned was made of that item. Although it looked like it would probably be too long for an x-large/petite person like me.

Anyone else notice that?