Regular Contributor

Downton Abbey inspired collection from Lori...please

What do you think ladies? Wouldn't that be fun...a Downton Abbey inspired collection from Lori for LOGO? If you think so and know how, please post on her FB page as a suggestion. I cannot figure out how to send messages she will see on FB. I tried. Thanks!
Super Contributor

Re: Downton Abbey inspired collection from Lori...please

I don't care for that style at all. Looks more like LDO than Lori.

Regular Contributor

Hi Kathleen- love that you are always so upfront and frank. Understand your point. I was imagining a less literal interpretation as only Lori can do as a stylist, perhaps finding inspiration from colors, set (interior and exterior), etc. Just daydreaming, I guess. Lol
Super Contributor

I could imagine Lori doing something like that as a stylist for an ad campaign, but for real life garments that people would actually buy and wear? I doubt it would be a money maker.

Trusted Contributor

Many LOGO items have unfitted and dropped-waist lines vaguely reminiscent of some of the "flapper fashions" seen on D.A. Beyond that, the concepts are totally, utterly different: Different fabrics, different tailoring, different trim -- a different "feel" altogether.

Contributor

I would love to see a Downton Abbey collection at the Q, hope they have a couple of hats too, love those Hats, I think that it is a fabulous idea.

Regular Contributor

Thanks, Francesca! It would be fun, whatever line of clothing it was from. Just some pieces inspired by the series.

Smile

Esteemed Contributor

Can't even imagine how LG would ever design such a line. Her clothes and the clothes on Downton are polar opposites.
Frequent Contributor

I can't envision even a vague similarity between the Downton Abbey costumes and Lori Goldstein's designs. Isn't Lori's design niche supposed to be funky-edgy-urban chic?
Super Contributor

I don't care for the drop waist, boxy style of some Downton Abby clothes. Michelle Dockery is beautiful, but I don't think those styles are flattering on her, she is too thin.