Honored Contributor

French Sailor Sweaters & Embroidered Red/White Top Have Shipped!!

They went via UPS this morning to me so keeping fingers crossed should arrive to me either tomorrow or the day of the show.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Re: French Sailor Sweaters & Embroidered Red/White Top Have Shipped!!

I can sense your excitement over this new finery, JJM! I am excited for you because I cannot successfully pull off the horizontal stripes in the sailor sweater but wish I could. I adore those sweaters! However, I am extremely happy with my purchase of the new WK sweater with the 3/4 sleeves (A65572). As for the red/white embroidered top, I have that in the purple/turquoise and love it. Will probably go back for the black/khaki.

Enjoy your lovely new pieces in good health!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks JJM- please post as soon as you can. I'm on the fence. Would love to hear what you think.

Honored Contributor

Measured the red white embroidered top in the XS and measurements are correct! I am bummed because my black/khaki one is labelled an XS and should be a Small when I compared the measurements!!

Love the French sailor's sweaters!! I bought the red and the navy choices. They fit well in my usual Small and I wear a 36C bra in front closing or a 38B in rear closing styles.

Anyway don't worry about paying attention to the click here measurement of the ribbing at the bottom edge-- it is not tight or stretched out on me. The buttons are 5/8"" in diameter in case anyone wants to switch out the buttons for something else.

Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 JustJazzmom said:

Measured the red white embroidered top in the XS and measurements are correct! I am bummed because my black/khaki one is labelled an XS and should be a Small when I compared the measurements!! {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Love the French sailor's sweaters!! I bought the red and the navy choices. They fit well in my usual Small and I wear a 36C bra in front closing or a 38B in rear closing styles.

Anyway don't worry about paying attention to the click here measurement of the ribbing at the bottom edge-- it is not tight or stretched out on me. The buttons are 5/8" in diameter in case anyone wants to switch out the buttons for something else. Wink

I'm confused, JJM. Did you just now purchase the black/khaki and it is running large?

Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 Goldie76 said:

Measured the red white embroidered top in the XS and measurements are correct! I am bummed because my black/khaki one is labelled an XS and should be a Small when I compared the measurements!! {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Anyway don't worry about paying attention to the click here measurement of the ribbing at the bottom edge-- it is not tight or stretched out on me. The buttons are 5/8" in diameter in case anyone wants to switch out the buttons for something else. Wink

I'm confused, JJM. Did you just now purchase the black/khaki and it is running large?

Last year I bought the black/khaki one and it was labeled an XS so naturally I bought this year the same size for the white/red one. When I tried it on and compared from one to the other, the black/khaki was larger in size and lined up with Small click here measurements. Who knew!??

So I have ordered the Small in the white/red and will be returning the XS size.

Honored Contributor

Last year I bought the black/khaki one and it was labeled an XS so naturally I bought this year the same size for the white/red one. When I tried it on and compared from one to the other, the black/khaki was larger in size and lined up with Small click here measurements. Who knew!??

Thank you, JJM. It was clear that the red/white was new, but when I went ahead in my mind to assume the black/khaki was from last year, I hesitated.

Hmm, the wisteria/turquoise I ordered most likely was from last year because they are low on stock now. The large fit me perfectly. Don't know whether to go up a size or not. Dilemmas! Hate 'em!

Honored Contributor

On 4/9/2015 Goldie76 said:

Thank you, JJM. It was clear that the red/white was new, but when I went ahead in my mind to assume the black/khaki was from last year, I hesitated.

Hmm, the wisteria/turquoise I ordered most likely was from last year because they are low on stock now. The large fit me perfectly. Don't know whether to go up a size or not. Dilemmas! Hate 'em!

I think my black/khaki was mislabeled and should have been labeled an XS. Believe me, I was not thrilled having to order the Small in the white/red. BTW, the item came as a wrinkled mess-- there are a lot of fold lines inside that bag. A handheld steamer will remove them once I receive the Small.

The red is lovely on that white background. I would say its not a candy apple red but more of a tomato red color. I'm eating breakfast and the food analogies are running through my mind here. Wink

Honored Contributor

How funny, JJM. We have discussed our coloring before, and, as I recall, we have similar coloring (although mine is perhaps a decade and a bit older than yours). Did you think the black/khaki was attractive on you? Do you think the red/white is a more flattering selection for our coloring? I ask because I plan to buy only one more of this style. It is a very distinctive style, and I don't want to run the risk of making a uniform out of it.

[I changed my wording and had a double comparative there.]

Honored Contributor

I liked both on me-- I usually wear the black/khaki with the dark tan pants/jacket. Still looking for that perfect sleeveless print in that dark tan color or near color. I think I did find one item from Anne Klein at Macy's. It doesn't matchy match but its a near color that you can get away with it. I see its also at Lord & Taylor too.