Honored Contributor

The New Address for Jewelry Repair

I filed the new address for Linea jewelry repair somewhere but do not remember. Darn!

Does anyone have the latest address for sending jewelry back for repair?

TIA

Valued Contributor

Re: The New Address for Jewelry Repair

Goldie: This is from September 2014 and Louis posted it on his blog regarding breakage in the 2-strand bead necklace (chocolate, goldtone, silvertone, gunmetal) which so many of us have and love. Did you just have a Linea piece break on you? Hope this is the correct info you were looking for.

Published on September 20, 2014 in From Louis. 13 Comments

This information is those of you who may have received a beaded necklace that came broken. Instead of sending it back to QVC you can, if you choose to, send it to the head office and they will make sure it is fixed properly. You would need to enclose a short letter with your name and address. Just state you are a Linea QVC customer and the necklace arrived broken. If there are any reorders on this necklace my new manufacturing partner will make them. Of course if the returns are too high it will be discontinued, and that will be a shame, because it is a fabulous necklace that will only become a more and more important accessory in the coming months. The address to send it to is:

TCJC

3B Industrial Drive

Smithfield, R.I. 02917

If you choose to send it to be repaired, please let me know how it turns out……………………………….regards, Louis

Respected Contributor

I think you had better check with Louis. Things are always changing.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, owl and marilyn, for responding.

Out of the blue, one of my all-time favorites broke on me. It's the lovely torsade (in green) from last year. I have it in red and the multi, as well.

Will the company restring something from last year? I have all the beads that fell off when I lifted the necklace from the drawer where I keep it.

It is the one of the three that I wear the most; maybe the weight of the necklace was too much for one of the strings.

Don't we also have to include return postage? I hate to bother Louis with this, but perhaps I had better be certain where I send one of my favorite babies. Want to make sure it arrives safe and sound and can get help.

Respected Contributor

I'm pretty sure they will fix it, but if I remember correctly Louis changed manufacturers so you had better ask him.

Honored Contributor

I just left a message/question for Louis on his blog. Really hated to bother him on such a lovely day after Easter, but I just love that necklace.

Valued Contributor

I agree with MarilynM. I'd double check on the address. This is the glass bead necklace that had a fair amount of breakage, right? I'm wondering if that COULD have been another manufacturer and only Louis could tell you if the place that is repairing the 2 strands of beads will also repair a piece from a couple of years ago. Good luck with that! My favorite was the multi but 2 out of my 3 arrived broken so I sent them all back at the time. If you can get them restrung, the value instantly goes up! Good for you miss-quick-reflexes for catching every single one of the beads Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

owl, yes, it was that glass bead necklace that posed some problems from the outset. My reflexes aren't all that great; the necklace broke as I was lifting it from the drawer where I keep it. And you have anticipated a question I asked Louis: Will this new manufacturer repair work done by the previous manufacturer (if the old manufacturer was, in fact, the producer of my prized necklace)?

Valued Contributor

Goldie, Keep us posted with whatever info Louis gives on this. I'll update my own info if you find this address from Sept is out of date and I'm sure that more than just myself would like to know the "what-if" we experience breakage with older pieces not made by the present manufacturer. Sure hope you can get your beautiful piece repaired! I fell in love with the torsade the minute I saw it on Amy Stran who was hosting a show with Louis selling, among other things, the one button blazer with collar trim A237554. That video is gone now because there were subsequent shows on that jacket and other hosts and the blazer is now on clearance. I just LOVED the look of the multi on Amy.

Honored Contributor

A Very Prompt Response to My Question from Louis (a consummate businessman as well as artist, if I might add):

Dear Goldie…..I have forwarded your request to my manufacturer and will give you an answer ASAP. Some changes have been made, and we have added some new factories. We used to use one for everything, but we decided to use certain factories who special in certain products….like some for metal jewelry, and others for bead and stone work. So I’m not sure if the address has changed or if it goes to a central location first. I do not believe you have to pay for repairs, but maybe return postage….I will have all the answers for you when I hear back…..