Respected Contributor

Sneak Peek - ZIG ZAG Collection!

LOVE the Brown/Black/Cream Maxi Dress - and the Printed Cardigan!

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> “THE BROWN/CREAM/BLACK MAXI DRESS”</h3>

zig

The first MAXI DRESS of the season is the one in the photos above…..Yes, the fabric is definitely reminiscent of Missoni, as a matter of fact I was walking on Madison Ave. recently and passed the Missoni store, and they had a dress very similar to this in the window. I’m sure it was quadruple the price. The ICONIC knitted zig zag pattern fabric is 100% polyester with a matte finish. I honestly thought it was cotton, and it feels like cotton. The dress is numerically sized and will be avail in two lengths………….A265563 is the reg. length and A265567 is the petite length. The dress has an easy shape…it is not overly fitted, but it follows the line of the body. It has a back zipper. The bottom of the dress is not tapered, but there is still a slit to ensure easy walking.. The tank neckline and armhole are piped in stretch knit, and the dress is lined to the knee with the same knit [it's the knit we use for the boho skirt]………….The color above will be called Brown/Cream/ Black. I wouldn’t have called it brown since it is an exact match to the TOBACCO BOLERO, A232520, shown above…..which is the perfect arm covering for this dress……..The “Cream” is a true cream color….deeper than an off white or ivory. The overall look with the Tobacco and the Black is softer than it may appear in the photos……….For those of you who like to step out of the box and experiment, I thought I would show you a sneak peak of the Zebra/Tiger Stripe printed cardigan…..but that’s not coming until July for pre-fall so we have time. However, I wanted to take this opportunity to show you how well mixing patterns can work . Even though the Zig Zag and the Zebra patterns are very different, they have a commonality……..COLOR……which makes them “work” together. I have seen many combinations of patterns in magazines, and on the recent runways that IMHO look just plain awful! A great example of this is the newest Mui Mui Fall show. Prada received great reviews for this, but IMHO it was a joke and “hurt my eyes’”…..Take a look on Style.com……. I call it the “Dressing in the DARK philosophy”, and it shows very clearly that not everything goes together. There has to be harmony in the chaos………………………………………………………………………………enjoy……………..much Love……………………………..Louis

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> “THE BLUE/WHITE/BLACK MAXI DRESS”</h3>

zig1

………………………………….The BLUE/WHITE/BLACK is the second color that will be avail in the maxi dress…..The Blue is very similar to LAPIS BLUE, which I have done before. Again, I have chosen the WK BOLERO/SHRUG, A232520, as the arm covering. I like the elongated line it gives to the dress. It doesn’t cover too much of the dress therefore it doesn’t cut you in half. Shrugs are not meant to cover the bust….they are meant to cover the arms only…………..Again, for those of you who enjoy mixing and creating the unexpected……I have photographed the BLACK and WHITE ZEBRA cardigan over the dress…..I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, and it isn’t meant for everyone…..just for those who get this kind of mix…..IMHO it does work, and has a very modern edgy look. Please take special notice of all the angles I photographed the dress….front SIDE and BACK…..the pattern MATCHES……with a bold stripe like this….the pattern must match or it can be maddening………Also, notice the close up of the knitted fabric, and just how intricate the knitted pattern is…………………….I know you have many many Linea things, past and present, that you can wear over this new maxi dress……from the GAUZE SHRUG & GAUZE AND BOUCLE CARDIGANS, the OPEN FRONT KIMONO CARDIGAN, the DRAPED FRONT CARDIGAN, the CLASSIC WK CARDIGAN and the SHORT SLEEVE WK CARDIGAN to …..the LINEA LEISURE CARDIGAN and HOODIE….to the PONTE and CREPE JACKETS……..Mixing the old with the new is what a sportswear wardrobe is all about…..collecting piece by piece….and then putting it all together………………………enjoy……………….much Love……………………Louis

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> “THE BLUE/WHITE/BLACK TUNIC”</h3>

blue tunic

………………………….In addition to the dress, I will also be offering the TUNIC, A265555, in the same knit fabric, in the same BLUE/WHITE/BLACK combination. The top is super light weight, and it is lined and piped in the black tricot knit. The armholes are slightly cut in, and it has a JEWEL neckline. The bottom of the tunic is curved, and it is also piped. The approx. length for the size 6 is 27 inches which should suit everyone’s preference. There are bust darts for a better shaping….The top has an easy fit so I would recommend purchasing your normal size…..It really is the fabric that is the “jewel” here. You can see from the close up how intricate the pattern and the knitting is. I said it before, and it is worth saying again….it really could pass for a Missoni knit. People will think you spent hundreds of dollars…….let them……There are more ways to wear this top than you may think, and many of you may already own what you need. I have it shown with the Linea Capri Legging in the Cotton/Span as well as my Ivory crepe pant. The black SHRUG, A232520 is the perfect coverup, but many cardigans will work just as well. i WOULD LOVE MY BOUCLE OR GAUZE CARDIGANS, both in BLK……..A black or white short pencil skirt, or my Lapis Blue pant are just two more alternatives you could wear the top with…………………Something that is coming latter in the season is the marvelous new “statement” WATER FALL necklace, shown here in the BLUE…….It is a special unique piece that is like nothing else, and will surely bring compliments………………………………………………..enjoy…………………………….much Love……………………………………Louis

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> “THE BLUE/BLACK/WHITE SKIRT”</h3>

White LL1

………………………….There are many LINEA tops you can wear with this new BLUE/WHITE/BLACK ZIG ZAG knit skirt, and just a few of them are above. The PEASANT SHIRT, A254442, which is avail in BLACK and the BLUE above……Then the BLUE RAYON “T” with the sheer mesh sleeves, A253378, in the BLUE above, and WHITE is now on “last clicks”. It is a great top, and with all the sheer that is happening…it’s more “IN” now than when I first did it…..For all of you who say you won’t wear poly you should give this “rayon” top a look see……To give the whole thing a more casual air I put the BLACK LINEA LEISURE HOODIE over it…..There are so many other tops you can wear such as the MOSS CREPE top in Black, A262453, the sleeveless cotton shirt in BLACK, A254311…..and on and on. So if you think a pattern skirt is limiting…..think of all the tops you already own to go with it!…………………………enjoy…………….much Love…………………Louis

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> “THE BROWN/CREAM/BLACK TUNIC”</h3>

White LL2

……………………………….BROWN [TOBACCO}/CREAM/BLACK is a combination I have always loved, and many of you know these are colors I have used before, and will be using again for Fall…..Black pants and leggings of different lengths and shapes as well as a variety of skirts, long and short, draped, swing or straight…. will all work with this top…..the trick is….to try them! Black, Cream, Ivory and vintage TOBACCO pants [if you own them], with all work beautifully. There is also the MATCING SHORT SKIRT, A265559 that you can match for a two piece dress. Wear the top UN-BELTED or BELTED….it’s your choice. The BLACK CLUSTER DROP NECKLACE, J317112, truly is perfect with these tops………………………….enjoy…………………much Love…………………….Louis

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> “THE BLUE/WHITE/BLACK SKIRT”</h3>

zig2

………………………………..The NEW ZIG ZAG pattern will also be avail in a new skirt, A265559. It will be avail in one length, which is approx 22 to 23 inches with a 1 inch hem.. It has a back zip and button, and is fully lined in the tricot knit fabric……It will be numerically sized. I think it is very close in fit to the mosaic print skirt many of you own. If anything it is ever so SLIGHTLY bigger, but not enough to size down if you didn’t with the mosaic skirt………How many pattern skirts do you own? Is you closet a SEA OF SOLIDS?? If the answer is yes….maybe it’s time to add some spice to your “bottoms” wardrobe……If the answer is no….then this would be a fun pattern to add. It is very upscale and very DESIGNER…… There are so many ways to wear this skirt….so many tops that will give you a variety of looks. If you are saying I can’t wear this….it will show my hips…then cover them up with a tunic such as the BLACK RAYON JERSEY one shown above, A254439, which has been reordered, and coming this spring, or one of the Linea Leisure tunics….or the sleeveless PEBBLE CREPE TUNIC, or one of the WK TUNIC or longer sweaters……..the Moss Crepe top would be perfect too. If you are curvy or your hips are not an issue for you, and you can wear pattern bottoms easily….then the world is your oyster. You can wear many different tops such as one of my favorite WK TANKS, A255148. Sleeveless tops like the DOUBLE TIERED GAUZE top with the coordinating GAUZE ASYMM. CARDIGAN will work for summer dressing…. Long sleeve tops such as the pebble crepe top or the crinkle georgette safari shirt all work……….. 3/4 sleeve tops, shirts, tunics, sweaters, jackets of any type and fabric will all look fabulous when you spice them up with this pattern skirt. I really could list a hundred things that will work….For a different look the Linea Leisure HOODIE, CARDIGAN or tunics!….. If you have spotted the WATERFALL BEADED NECKLACE in the BLUE & GOLD…..It coming this spring……It’s so new I don’t even have the style number yet. That’s a STATEMENT NECKLACE the LINEA WAY!…………………………………………………………………….Enjoy………………………….much Love………………………..Louis

<h3 class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 40px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 2.4em; font-weight: normal; color: #444444; text-decoration: none; padding: 0px;"> ‘THE BROWN/CREAM/BLACK SKIRT”</h3>

zig3

…………………………….The BROWN [TOBACCO]/CREAM/BLACK combination is also avail in the skirt. The TOBACCO TANK, A232345 is perfect. or the same tank in BLACK….for that matter anything in black or tobacco would be perfect. Besides the Shrug, A232520, which is avail now, I will be offering next month the BOLERO WK ENR, A265614 shown above….Black and White only, which is another perfect top to wear over everything………..The WATERFALL NECKLACE will be avail in BLACK TOO, and we all know how difficult wonderful BLACK necklaces are to find. Light weight and airy……these are the skirts that will take you through those dreaded hot humid summer months!………………………………………..enjoy…………………………much Love…………………………Louis

Respected Contributor

Re: Sneak Peek - ZIG ZAG Collection!

...and here's the Missoni version for $3,180 WOW!

Honored Contributor

Love these! Thanks for posting.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

I've been searching for a petite maxi ... of course Louis would fill that void! Now all I have to do is decide on the color. The blue/white/black tunic is so gorgeous, too.

It's going to be very hard to choose. I may just have to get both colors in the dress and the tunic ... I know, I know ... I'm so weak.

Respected Contributor

I like the colors in Louis' version better. There not so loud.

Valued Contributor

I am going nuts for this collection!! Got to get control of myself. I have several Missoni's and two are long sleeved maxi dresses that never go out of style and don't show wear. There is something about this design that transcends time and has that certain special look that so many of us gravitate to. Louis does a wonderful job sourcing fabrics and adding special looks to our collections. Most of us already have many of the pieces he is styling these Missoni inspired pieces with.

His shows on the 9th are going to be worth the wait and he has been kind enough to let our credit cards cool down. But, here we go again.

Tough decision, which combo. Bet after seeing them modeled both are going to sell very quickly.

Honored Contributor

Does anyone know when these will be available?
Valued Contributor

On 4/4/2015 handygal said: Does anyone know when these will be available?

I asked on his website and he said on the 9th, the Maxi will be on 7PM show; tunic and skirt will be on 11:00 AM show. Also mentioned many new and items never shown live before will be presented on the 9th. Sounds like both shows are going to give us our much needed Linea fix.

Honored Contributor

On 4/4/2015 HAPPY LADY said:
On 4/4/2015 handygal said: Does anyone know when these will be available?

I asked on his website and he said on the 9th, the Maxi will be on 7PM show; tank and skirt will be on 11:00 AM show. Also mentioned many new and items never shown live before will be presented on the 9th. Sounds like both shows are going to give us our much needed Linea fix.

Thank you, HAPPY LADY!
Esteemed Contributor

Seka: thanks for the pic!

Louis' version is really nice. Love that he did it in a cool tone and a warm tone. Not for me, but enjoy it for those who are in.