Trusted Contributor

Linea Walking Shorts: A254313

Ladies, I need some new shorts and these are at a last clicks price of about $15!! Anyhow, I have "chubby" knees and a mid-life tummy, and would love some feedback on the fit of these. Most reviews feel they run a little large - I wear a size 16 (sometimes an 18) in D&C, and an 18 in Isaac's 24/7. I'm thinking of ordering a 16 in these. I've had terrible luck with ordering shorts from any line on QVC, and even worse luck in the stores. I'm hoping these will fit the bill (and my body!!).

Thanks, Linea Ladies, for your input!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Linea Walking Shorts: A254313

If you have slim hips, stay with the 16 as there is forgiveness in the waist. If you're a pear shape with weight in your hips, the 18 may be more comfortable.

I'm hippy and usually between a 12 and 14 in Linea bottoms. I have a 14 in these shorts and even though I could have taken a 12 for a snugger fit, I'm happier with the way there is no pulling across the top of the thighs in the 14. They are a nice light weight cotton sheeting and very easy to wear in the summer.

Oh, and I taped the pockets closed so there would be no gap-o-sis. Hate that. Hate pockets in clothing anyway especially in pants. I mean, really, that's what beautiful leather purses were invented for, right? {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

I love mine and wore then all summer. I'm a 10 at regular retail and ordered an 8 in these here at the Q; fit was excellent.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

Hmm....so, what's a girl to do? Maybe I'll just try the 16, but I'm quite fearful of GAP-O-SIS!!! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Respected Contributor

Even if these are "last clicks", you can still return them if they don't fit. Just remember the new return policy. You'd need to pay original and return shipping.

I have 2 pairs of these shorts. Even though I am very thin, I still have a bit of a tummy. So I like that these are flat at the front and have elastic at the back of the shorts. They fit me just fine. However, they do need to be ironed.

Trusted Contributor

Love these. Have the floral, black and brown from last year. Ordered them in a 6 where in B&M stores it would be an 8. I have a bit of a waist but full hips and thighs although not oversized. 131lbs (today) and 5 ft. Probably about a 38" hip. Yeah they are a bit roomy in back but not craggy. Hate baggy. Thanks for the heads up. Ordered the blue. That is not really my color but have a navy Linea top I'll wear with it. Worth a shot. The 11" inseam is perfect for my short legs. Hits right above mid knee on me.
Respected Contributor

I have them too, and they are the lightest weight shorts I have. They are great for those hot humid days. I wish they were coming back.

Esteemed Contributor

I have these shorts in black and coffee bean. Like most Linea, they are exceptional. Beautiful, lightweight fabric. I went with my regular Linea pants size. Would rather have shorts fit a little roomy than snug!

Trusted Contributor

On 3/31/2015 queendiva said:

I have these shorts in black and coffee bean. Like most Linea, they are exceptional. Beautiful, lightweight fabric. I went with my regular Linea pants size. Would rather have shorts fit a little roomy than snug!

Me, too - no "snugness" in the hot summer please!

My hips are 46-47. The hip measurement on the size 18 is 50 inches; size 16 is 47.5 inches. I just hate baggy shorts because I think they make one look bigger. So, with the spandex, do you think the 16 will work? Why am I stressing over a $15 item? I don't know! I guess because it's come to the point where I can't trust the click here measurements any longer. I trust YOU GUYS!! {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Esteemed Contributor

These shorts are a woven fabric, not a knit, so there is not much stretch. I see your sizing dilemma. I bought my smaller and larger sizes and ended up keeping the larger for the reason preciously stated and to avoid the dreaded pocket gap-o-sis. You might have to bite the bullet and order both sizes. If you return with your own label, the return cost should not be too bad as these shorts weight about as much as a scarf! Good luck.