Honored Contributor

Orange & Lace Are Everywhere!!

Wandered through the Misses departments today of Macy's & JCPenney. I must say that various lace items are all over the place from lace covered tops in various colors and the top has a lining on the torso or its lace incorporated somewhere on the clothing.

There are varying shades of orange, tangerine or orange red to wear as either solid colors or print patterns.

Macys JM Collection-- lace items

JM Collection Crochet-Front V-Neck Top JM Collection Three-Quarter-Sleeve Crochet-Overlay Top

JCPenney Worthington

Worthington® Short-Sleeve Roundneck Twist-Front TopWorthington® Sleeveless Cowlneck Top Worthington® Essential Short-Sleeve ShirtWorthington® Essential Sleeveless Cowlneck Top

The cowl neck top in the non floral pattern (the orange red repeat pattern) I purchased and it works well with the peplum coral jacket (former TSV) and the red crepe jacket that has the Linea gold signature buttons and it has a matching skirt.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Orange & Lace Are Everywhere!!

JJM: love the top you chose!

No orange, tangerine, tomato or coral items for me. Not for my coloring. I did pick up the following lace items here: J262105 in white, which is really ivory, and J240866 in ivory on LTS. I will probably add the upcoming Linea WK cardi with lace sleeves in black. I also have a JR all over black lace cardi from several years ago. That should be enough lace for me!

Honored Contributor

Thanks queendiva!! I was surprised at seeing lime green as well as bright green in the stores too. I saw the turquoise lace long sleeved top on a hanger and Macy's is calling the color Bubble (not aqua or turquoise)!

It looked very nice and I almost bought it.The lace was soft not scratchy to my fingers.

I can't wait for warmer weather now that spring is here.

Honored Contributor

I love lace, but not cheap looking lace. A lot of this lace being shown everywhere is stretch polyester lace. POLYESTER? Eeeeewww..gross.

Polyester lace does not hold up very well. It tends to pill up and collect lint when washed with other items. It doesn't hold up very well and the garment looks old and beat before it's time.

I just purchased a top at Macy's that was 100% cotton. It had cotton lace on it as well. I wore it last week and received many compliments. It was a very light pink color.

I already have coral, orange and red in my wardrobe. They are fun warm weather colors.

Honored Contributor

I didn't buy it and didn't even look at the fabric content or washing instructions-- just saying what I saw out there while meandering around the mall. The top looked good on the hanger (1st step in a selection process).

Honored Contributor

I think this is the third spring/summer season that lace has been popular. I'm glad, because l have several lace tops from 1 and 2 years ago, so I'll be able to wear them again and still look fashionable!
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I purchased a knit jacket that was an OTO on IML. It is a soft orange. I have worn it once this spring with jeans and received compliments (probably because of the color and everyone is sick of winter!).

Super Contributor

I'm okay with some shades of orange ... and some lace. Frilly / prissy lace looks strange on me. I like freeform knitted or crocheted lace.

Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2015 DiAnne said:

I purchased a knit jacket that was an OTO on IML. It is a soft orange. I have worn it once this spring with jeans and received compliments (probably because of the color and everyone is sick of winter!).

Got a photo of it? Curious how it looks.

Respected Contributor

I just got this top at Old Navy - I love peachy orange for summer!