Respected Contributor

Question Regarding Linea Notch Collar Cardigan A263783

I already have the Hibiscus, Aqua and Navy Notch Collar Cardigan (A263783), and I really like the cardigans and the colors I ordered. I ordered the Tangerine Cardigan yesterday during easy pay day. Now I'm wondering if the color will be too bright for me. I have auburn hair and light complexion. Do any of you own the Tangerine Cardigan and have the same coloring? Will the Tangerine work for me?

Honored Contributor

Re: Question Regarding Linea Notch Collar Cardigan A263783

I have light skin and my natural hair color when younger was auburn (now grey). I do not own that jacket (I ordered the navy and returned it) but I do have a tangerine knit jacket from Isaac that I love. I wear it casually with dark wash jeans and a scarf with geometric design in navy and creams. I don't think I would have worn this color with my hair auburn but that is just me.

Respected Contributor

I have the 3/4 sleeve ponte jacket from last year (or maybe 2 years ago) in the bright orange. Can't think of the exact color name at the moment, but I found I could only wear it in the summer time with a white shirt and white jeans. If I put it with black, I felt like Halloween.{#emotions_dlg.laugh} I ended up with three of the jackets you're talking about, but didn't get the tangerine.

Valued Contributor

I have the sweater jacket in question in the tangerine, and it is not at all bright. It's actually rather muted as the yarn is subtly heathered. I'm medium blonde with light skin tone & like the color very much. If you are wondering what to wear under it aside from white, it looks great over gray, taupe, smoke, navy, khaki, or sage, all colors in the Linea line. I also like it with the right shade of pink, but not everyone is willing to go that far.

Super Contributor

i have light skin as well.

Respected Contributor

I had the Nectarine Ponte 3/4 sleeve jacket, and I found it much too bright for my hair and skin coloring. I just wondered if anyone with auburn hair and light skin has this sweater jacket in Tangerine and is happy with the way it looks on her. Maybe I'll just have to take a chance and go thorough with the order. I hate to return anything, especially with the new return policy.

Valued Contributor

It's far more muted than the nectarine.

Respected Contributor

I wore the Hibiscus cardigan to church today, and I really liked it a lot. I haven't worn the Aqua yet, but I did wear the Navy with Navy Whisper Knit Pants. I guess I'll go ahead and order the Tangerine also.

I don't think orange is the best color for me; however, I changed into an old Susan Graver orange and white stripe hooded sweatshirt with aqua strings; and it doesn't look all that bad on me. At least, it gives me some color.

I took some clothes to consignment last week; and today, I'm moving my fall winter clothes to storage containers, and finding places to put my spring/summer clothes. I have way too many clothes, even though I've given 3 large bags of clothes to a friend in my condo building (for her niece). She said she kept a few things herself. She is going to help me with the boxes, as they are on the top shelf of my walk-in closet. I still need to decide what to keep of my spring/summer clothes. I already moved my fall/winter clothes on hangers to my den closet and moved my spring/summer clothes on hangers to my walk-in closet.

Respected Contributor

Well, I received the Tangerine cardigan today, and I'm unsure about the color on me. I do like the color, but it seems to drain all the color from my face (and I don't have much color in my complexion anyway). Of course, I'm not wearing any makeup today, so that may be part of the problem. I'll try it again tomorrow with some makeup and lipstick and see what I think.

Respected Contributor

I had a hair appointment today, so I wore the Tangerine cardigan, with a cream long-sleeve T-shirt and denim pants. I put on a bit of makeup and lipstick (never wear much). I'm definitely keeping the Tangerine cardigan. My hairdresser said she really liked the color and how it looked on me (I don't always get comments from people, and I didn't even ask her what she thought, she just said this).